Earlier this year, the Alumni Board of Directors endorsed a project for the College, in partnership with Harris Connect, to develop a new Alumni Directory for 2013. Here’s what this means for alumni:
- A series of four postcards will be sent to all alumni, beginning in early September, inviting them to call in by telephone to verify/update their home and work contact information.
- In conjunction with the postcard mailing, alumni will also be contacted by email, asking for a call-in to update information.
- If the postcards and emails do not elicit a response by early October, outbound phone calls will be made to alumni in an effort to update the information.
- After updating their information over the phone, alumni will be asked if they would like to purchase a printed copy of the alumni directory, or a CD version. Payment will be taken at that time.
- The directory – which cannot be used for commercial or solicitation purposes of any kind – will list the home and work information for 26,000+ alumni around the world.
- Directories will be produced and mailed in early 2013 to those who purchase them. They are ONLY available to fellow alumni, and not to outside parties.
- If you do not want to be contacted as part of this process, contact the alumni office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The primary reason the College entered into this agreement with Harris Connect is to update our alumni database at no cost to the College, while also giving alumni the opportunity to have a printed/CD alumni directory to enhance connections between alumni.
- The Alumni Association also receives modest royalties, based on the number of books sold.
For additional information, contact the alumni office at 717-337-6518 or email@example.com.