2012 Meritorious Service and Young Alumni Achievement Award Winners. From left to right: Charlie Scott '77, Alumni Association Board of Directors President , Sue Hermann Williams '62, Chuck Widger '67, James Fleet '02, Michael Manzo '97 Meredith Bowne Bove '97, Carolyn Holmes Lee '97 and President Janet Morgan Riggs '77.
The Alumni Association presents several awards each year in an effort to recognize and honor outstanding alumni.
The Distinguished Alumni Awards honor a maximum of four people each year for their professional and/or civic accomplishments post-Gettysburg. It's basically our "Alumni Hall of Fame," and includes people like Nobel Laureate Michael Bishop '57, UNICEF Executive Dir. Carol Bellamy '63 and Academy-Award nominated cinematographer Owen Roizman '58. The awards are given during Commencement Weekend.
- The 2012 awardees were Flora D. Darpino ’83, Richard L. Erdmann '68, Pamela Hemenway Simpson ’68 and Charlotte Wilcox ’69
- All recipients, 1962-2012
- The 50th Anniversary of the Distinguished Alumni Awards was celebrated at Homecoming 2012. Learn more.
The Meritorious Service Awards honor two people each year for their volunteer contributions to the College over a significant period of time.
- The 2012 awardees were I. Charles Widger '67 and Suzanne Hermann Williams '62.
- All recipients, 1935-2012.
The Young Alumni Achievement Awards honor four "Young Alumni", defined as those who graduated within the last 15 years, for professional achievement in the areas of Career Development and Service to Gettysburg College.
- The 2012 awardees were James Fleet '02 and Michael Manzo '97 for Career Development and Meredith Bowne Bove '97 and Carolyn Holmes Lee '97 for Service.
- All recipients, 1982-2012.
The Phyllis Hicks Utterback Silent Leader Award was awarded to Helen Hohman '75 at the February 2012 Alumni Board of Director's meeting. Pictured to the right are Charlie Scott '75, Alumni Association Board President, and Helen Hohman.