Battlefield 7 on 7 Tournament Rules
- Each game will last 45 minutes.
- Time will be kept between plays. 30 seconds will be allowed between plays. There will also be 30 seconds timed after a change of possession. The 30 second clock for the first play will begin when this ends. So, total there is 1 minute allowed to get the next play off after a change of possession. Coaches are encouraged to keep the game moving as fast as possible. Offensive coaches, not defensive coaches, are allowed in the huddle to speed up the game. Timer will count out loud the last 5 seconds of the 30 second clock.
- The field is 40 yards with 10 yard end zones.
- Each possession will begin from the + 40.
- The offense has 3 plays to get to the + 25. If they fail the defense is awarded 2 points and there is a change of possession.
- Once the offense has passed the + 25, they have 3 plays to get to the + 10. If they fail the defense is awarded 2 points and there is a change of possession.
- Once the offense is at or inside the + 10, it has 2 plays to score. Again, if they are stopped the defense is awarded 2 points and there is a change of possession.
- Touchdowns are worth 6 points and are followed by a point after attempt. This can take place from the 3 yard line for 1 point or from the 10 yard line for 2 points. Only the offense is awarded points on a point after attempt. A stop or an interception is not worth any points for the defense on the point after attempt.
- On any particular play the quarterback has four seconds to throw the ball. There will be a timer behind the quarterback who will blow his whistle to declare a sack and the play is dead.
- Interceptions also will call for a change of possession and 3 points for the defense. The intercepting team will begin its possession on the + 40. The play will be whistled dead as soon as the ball is intercepted. There will be no return.
- There are no fumbles. All fumbles will be blown dead and there is no change of possession. This is for safety reasons to avoid several players diving for the ball. This does not include snaps. The quarterback can continue but the play will continue with the same four second rule to throw.
- Each team will have seven players participating. On offense, 5 eligible receivers, a quarterback and center. Empty sets are acceptable. All sets must be legal. On defense, teams with 3-4 or 3-5 schemes must declare one of their defenders ineligible pre-snap by taking a knee. No defender can rush the passer at any time.
- All players will wear mouthpieces, as well as a like color jersey or shirt. Teams should bring both light and dark colors and have them available for every game. Teams must always have shirts or jerseys on.
- The offensive player carrying the ball is down when he is touched by the defender with at least one hand. Defenders should tag the player with the ball and not shove, forearm or elbow. Any blatant physical activity will not be tolerated. There will be a 15 yard penalty and possibly an ejection from the current game.
- There are no running plays allowed. If the quarterback passes the line of scrimmage the play is automatically blown dead. Shuffle passes are also illegal.
- Only players eligible for the upcoming season can participate.
- There is absolutely no blocking. There will be 5 yard penalty and a loss of down.
- Overtime: Each team will have one possession from the + 20, with 4 plays to score. If both teams score the one that did it in the least number of plays wins. If both teams score in the same number of plays, repeat.
Offensive Interference: -5 yards repeat the down
Defensive Interference: +5 repeat down
Defensive Holding: + 5 repeat the down
Offensive Blocking: -5 repeat the down
Illegal Formation: -5 repeat the down
Personal Foul: -/+ 15 repeat the down
Delay of Game: loss of down