Sophomore Jon Lipshutz in net with two of the four defensemen, freshman Eric Miller(back) and sophomore Adam Jacobs

The action-packed weekend following the win against West Chester continued as the Bullets traveled to Wyomissing, PA to take on divisional rival Kutztown University. Last season Gettysburg split with the Golden Bears and this season saw they had had some early success only losing one conference game to TCNJ. The only other piece of scouting the Bullets heard about Kutztown from almost every coach they spoke with was that they were very physical, almost too physical. So the Bullets had to be ready for a rough game.

In repeat fashion of the night before, off the opening faceoff the Bullets drove down in to the Kutztown zone and on the forecheck, sophomore Zak Kennedy intercepted a breakout pass and turned a backhand, sniping it to the top corner, just :16 seconds in to the game. This caught Kutztown by surprise and after this initial goal both teams settled down. Well, settled as much as this game would settle. The scouting report held true and Kutztown tried to control the game with a very physical game plan. The referee decided to allow the game to continue and only two penalties were called in the first period so Gettysburg had to keep their cool and simply put numbers on the scoreboard. Despite only having four defensemen on this trip the Bullets defense stood strong throughout, including where it counted, between the pipes, as sophomore Jon Lipshutz held the Golden Bears scoreless in the first.

Early in the second the Bullets looked to extend their lead on a powerplay, but a blocked shot from the point led to a Kutztown breakaway that they were able to put past Lipshutz. Off the ensuing faceoff, Gettysburg struck back with a goal of their own while still on the powerplay, senior captain Niall Hines buried a shot to take the lead once again. Kutztown's physical play continued but it worked out to Gettysburg's favor as they were once again on the powerplay. Hines once again had the puck but fed it to junior Hunter Yale and even though Yale mishandled it the puck, he dove and poked the puck to sophomore Bobby MacDonald who buried his chance giving the Bullets a 3-1 lead. Late in the period Gburg was once again on the powerplay and it was Yale again who took a faceoff from the Bullet's zone and blew past the Kutztown defense and drove hard to the net and scored, drawing another penalty in the process.

Gburg now held a 4-1 lead heading in to the final period. But as history has proven this year, no lead is safe in this conference and the Bullets needed to finish strong. Early on the Bullets were shorthanded and Kutztown was able to tip a shot past Lipshutz to pull within two goals. But unlike the Muhlenberg game, the Bullets did not lose focus and continued to stick to their game plan. This included the four defensemen continuing to be strong and Lipshutz continuing to stand tall in net. Late in the period the defense's hard work culminated as sophomore defenseman Adam Jacobs received a pass from sophomore Mike Berestecky and went in one-on-one against the Kutztown goaltender and finished with a nice deke giving the Bullets a commanding 6-2 lead. Kutztown was able to put one final goal past Lipshutz in the final minute but the damage was done and Gettysburg rolled to their 11th win in a row. Lipshutz was great on the night stopping 33 shots.

Gettysburg now has a commanding lead in the conference as they remain undefeated with a 10-0-0 record. Now the Bullets take a brief break from their conference schedule as they head down south for an ACC tournament hosted by UNC.