Registration and editing deadline, April 8th. Space for panel presentations is limited. Please encourage your students to submit their registration now to secure a session.
Celebration is Gettysburg College's annual all-campus, all-disciplines Colloquium on Undergraduate Research, Creative Activity, and Community Engagement.
Every student participant must have a faculty or administrator sponsor. In fact, faculty participation is instrumental in the success of Celebration!
Your involvement can happen in a number of ways -- from mentoring student participants, to moderating a panel, to attending the event. Perhaps most importantly, Celebration offers an ideal venue in which to showcase your faculty-student collaboration efforts while you support your collaborating students.
Learn more about the myriad opportunities for Faculty Participation!
Are you interested in volunteering for Celebration? Please contact:
Maureen E. Forrestal
Assistant Provost for Scholarship
Students must initiate the registration process. Faculty or administrators will receive email notification that they have been listed as a mentor. It will be assumed that the faculty or administrator has agreed to mentor the student unless the Celebration Planning Committee is notified otherwise.
Mentors and academic administrative assistants can view the student's project information by:
- Logging on to the PeopleSoft Faculty Center
- Click on the Celebration link on the left
- Click on the Inquiry tab
- Click on the students' project you wish to view from the list. A read-only Submission Summary will appear for review. Only students have permission to edit the contents of the registration form.
The Submission Summary will include:
- Name of the student submitting the registration
- Name(s) of students who be be co-presenting
- Name(s) of supporting students who will perform
- Abstract Title, Abstract - In some instances, the group may have an overall "group" title and abstract in addition to each students individual title and abstract. Both are options on the registration form.
- Resources needed over and above the standards for that particular genre.
- Grant received for the project if applicable
- Year of graduation
- If the presentation is a graduation requirement
- If the presentation is a capstone
- Family members invited
Note: The Submission Summary for group projects will grow with each individual students registration submission.
Important: ALL students participating in Celebration must go into the PeopleSoft Celebration Registration Tool and complete the appropriate form for their part in the presentation in order to be included in scheduling and the abstract book.
Early Bird Registration - February 1st - March 1st
Students are encouraged to register during the Early Bird Registration period, February 1st - March 1st even if they have not completed the project, i.e., obtained the results. They will have until Monday, April 8th at 5:00pm to edit their registration information. It’s more important to us as we plan the schedule that we have the basic project information - participants, genre, and mentor. PLEASE NOTE: New applications and edits will not be accepted after April 8th. No exceptions.