also offers valuable (and hard-to-obtain) experience in presenting and defending your intellectual and/or creative work. This is critical and sought-after skill whether you plan to pursue graduate study or employment after Gettysburg. Celebration
- You'll also be able to practice your networking skills with students, faculty, staff, and guests in a friendly setting filled with encouragement!
Through this engaging event, you can:
- Exchange ideas with other students
- Work closely with faculty, who serve as mentors, and attend the event
- Learn to present academic research/experience or creative work product in a formal setting
- Receive feedback on your work
- Enhance your resume
- Celebrate your achievements with the campus community and your friends and family
Who is Eligible?
Celebration participants come from all class years: first-year, sophomore, junior, and senior. If you are a currently-enrolled student at Gettysburg College and you have secured a faculty or college administration sponsor, you can apply.
Types of Projects
- Paper Presentations (Panels): Each presenter or group of presenters must be sponsored by either a faculty member or a designated college administrator.
- Sessions are conducted in a panel-discussion format.
- Panels of four students are grouped by discipline/topic.
- Each of the presenters on a panel gives a 10-minute presentation.
- Panels conclude with a 15-minute discussion session.
- Poster Sessions: A variety of department/disciplines present during one session. Posters for
requirement will be scheduled as requested by faculty. class
- Each poster presenter has 1 hour to present.
- Musical and Theatrical Performances: Performances can be given by an individual or a group.
- Performances will be scheduled to take place during two 1 hour and 45-minute time-slots during the day. See Presentation Options for more on timing.
- Studio Art: Art presentations will take place during a 2 hour and 15-minute time slot.
- Each presenter will speak for 10 minutes, followed by a question-and-answer session.
- Film: Film presentations will take place during 1-hour time-slots.
February 1-Registration begins
March 1 - Early bird registration deadline
- March 23 - Registration deadline
- April 26- Deadline to submit posters to Ricoh
- April 30 - 10th Anniversary Banquet
- May 3 - Participant Check-In, 5pm - 7pm
- May 4 - Participant Check-In - 10am - 3pm
- May 4 - Celebration '18 Poster Presentations - Bream Gym
- May 5 - Celebration '18 Panel presentations, Film Festival, and Creative Activity presentations- 9am up to 2:30pm