Saturday, May 17, 2014
A long-standing tradition, this interfaith service gives graduates and their families a chance to gather together to worship, celebrate the tradition of the College, and reflect on the future.
- The service lasts approximately one (1) hour.
- No tickets are required for this ceremony. Please check back for location information.
- On-campus air conditioned alternate viewing locations with live video streaming will be available in the following locations: Locations TBA.
- This event will be offered to virtual guests via the web as a live video stream beginning at 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 17. Watch online.
- Seating will be reserved for guests with disabilities. Please see an usher for assistance. Click More information on Accessibility during Commencement Weekend.
The Class will meet in cap and gown at the Old Quad between Pennsylvania Hall and Brua Hall at 3:15 p.m. to form the academic procession to the location. In case of rain, the class will meet and line up in the basement of Christ Chapel. Check the website for weather-related site change information.
Form a double line, keeping an arm's length interval from the person ahead of you. The President and Vice President of the class, acting as student marshals, will assist in the lining up. Seating details will follow when the location is finalized.
The Provost will remove his cap, which is the signal for students to remove caps as well. The service will be enhanced by your enthusiastic participation in the liturgy and singing. After the final hymn has been sung, caps will be replaced at the signal from the college marshal. Please remain in your place until the faculty has recessed.