Saturday, May 18, 2013
A long-standing tradition, this interfaith service gives graduates and their families a chance to gather together to worship, celebrate the tradition of the College, and reflect on the future.
- The service lasts approximately one (1) hour.
- No tickets are required for this ceremony, but seating is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Doors will open at 3:00 p.m.
- On-campus air conditioned alternate viewing locations with live video streaming will be available in the following locations:
- Breidenbaugh Hall (2nd floor) – Joseph Theater, BREI 205 & BREI 209
- Masters Hall – Mara Auditorium
- This event will be offered to virtual guests via the web as a live video stream beginning at 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 17. Watch online.
- Seating will be reserved for guests with disabilities. Please see an usher for assistance. Click More information on Accessibility during Commencement Weekend.
The Class will meet in cap and gown at the Old Quad between Pennsylvania Hall and Brua Hall at 3:15 p.m. to form the academic procession to Christ Chapel. In case of rain, the class will meet and line up in the basement of Christ Chapel. Check the website for weather-related site change information.
Form a double line, keeping an arm's length interval from the person ahead of you. The President and Vice President of the class, acting as student marshals, will assist in the lining up. Upon entering the Chapel, the procession will go down the center aisle. Officials and the student choir will occupy the choir stalls. Faculty will occupy the front center pews. The class will sit in the center rows of the main floor immediately behind the faculty. Upon reaching your places, remain standing.
The Provost will remove his cap, which is the signal for students to remove caps as well. The service will be enhanced by your enthusiastic participation in the liturgy and singing. After the final hymn has been sung, caps will be replaced at the signal from the college marshal. Please remain in your place until the faculty has recessed.