Welcome! Please read these terms and conditions of use ("Terms") carefully before using this website. Accessing, browsing or using this website is a privilege subject to the following Terms and indicates your agreement and acceptance of these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms, do not use this website.
1. Services. The information contained on this website,including our all web page documents, the entire myGettysburg Community, audio and video files, all data and all content (the "Site" or"Website") is provided for your use conditional upon your acceptance without modification of the Terms. This Website is owned and operated by Gettysburg College (referred to herein as "Gettysburg,""we," "us," or "our"). Gettysburg provides you with access to a variety of resources, including but not limited to community news (with comment posting capability if properly registered); course information; information about faculty, staff, officers and directors of Gettysburg; and information about student and alumni events (collectively "Services").
2. Use Limitation. While we encourage you to print information to help you use this Site, unless otherwise specified, no Services on this Site, including but not limited to the content of the Site, may be modified,copied, downloaded, transmitted, distributed, performed, reproduced, published,licensed, transferred, sold, used to create works from or used in any other way, except with prior written permission of Gettysburg and with express attribution to Gettysburg. You may not alter or attempt to alter any material on the Site, or the Site itself. You also may not, without our permission,"mirror" any material contained on this Site or any other server. Any unauthorized use of any material contained on this Site may violate copyright laws, trademark laws,laws of privacy and publicity, and communication regulations and statutes. You represent and agree that you are at least 14 years of age and that if you are younger than 14 you will not use this Site.
3. No Unlawful or Prohibited Use. Please feel free to browse the Site;however, your access and use of the Site is subject to these Terms and all applicable laws. You may not use the Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, or impair any Gettysburg server, or interfere with any other person's use and enjoyment of the Site, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Gettysburg server or to the Site, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through this Site. Your rights to use this Site may be further limited by federal law or the laws or regulations in your particular state or locality. Gettysburg may, in its sole discretion, and at any time, modify or discontinue the Site,or limit, terminate or suspend your use of the Site.
4. Ownership, Copyright And Trademark. You agree and acknowledge that Gettysburg is the owner or licensee of all rights in this Site and the materials that appear on the Site and that you will not challenge those rights or do anything that might impair or damage those rights. This Site is protected by copyright, trademark and other laws of the United States and other countries. Any unauthorized use of any material on this Site may violate such laws. The trademarks, logos, and service marks used and displayed on this Site (the "Trademarks") are registered and unregistered trademarks of Gettysburg and others. Under no circumstances may you use any of the Trademarks, whether owned or licensed to us. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademarks without the written permission of the Trademark owner. If you make any copies of the Site, or portions of the Site, such copies must include the appropriate copyright,trademark, or other proprietary notices. No links may be established to any part of this Site and no information on this Site may be framed without our prior written approval. If you believe that any of your work was copied by another, in a way that infringes your copyrights, and is posted on this Site, please provide Gettysburg with the following information: 1) a description of your work that you believe was infringed; 2) a description of the work believed to be infringing and where it appears on the Site; and 3) your contact information - name, address, telephone number and email address. This information should be accompanied by a statement that you believe,in good faith, that the infringing use is not authorized, and that, under penalty of perjury, all of the information in this notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. This notice should be signed and provided to Gettysburg's designated copyright agent as set forth below:
Attn: Copyright Agent
[insert address, phone number and/or e-mail address]
5. Duration of This Agreement. This Agreement will continue to be effective until you or we terminate it. You may terminate this Agreement at any time by destroying any and all materials you obtained from this Site, and by ceasing to use the Site in any way. We may terminate this Agreement immediately and without notice if we, in our sole discretion, decide that you have failed to comply with any term or condition of this Agreement or if we decide to modify the terms and conditions governing future use of the Site.
Any contact or communication which you may make with us or our employees via this Site must before college-related purposes and all such communications are property of Gettysburg, and subject to review and monitoring by us. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to this Site any unlawful,threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic,or profane material, or any other material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the law. You agree to indemnify and hold Gettysburg harmless against any legal claims (including all costs related there to such as court costs and attorney's fees) arising from your posting any such material on this Site. You understand that information transmitted over public networks may be accessed by third parties and Gettysburg will not be liable for any such unauthorized disclosure.
Gettysburg and its employees do not accept or consider unsolicited ideas. Please do not send any original creative artwork, samples, demos or other works. The purpose of this policy is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when Gettysburg's course offerings, programs or marketing strategies might seem similar to ideas submitted to Gettysburg. So, please do not send your unsolicited ideas to Gettysburg or anyone at Gettysburg. If, despite our request that you not send us your ideas and materials,you still send them, please understand that Gettysburg makes no assurances that your ideas and materials will be treated as confidential or proprietary.
7. Third Party Content and Linked Sites. You acknowledge that the opinions and recommendations expressed or made available in this Site are those of the respective author(s) and are not necessarily those of Gettysburg or endorsed by Gettysburg. This Site contains links to other sites created and maintained by other organizations, which may or may not be related to Gettysburg. These links are provided for your convenience and are for reference only and you agree that links do not imply that Gettysburg is affiliated or associated with, or that any linked site is authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright of Gettysburg.
8. Member Account, Password and Security. If any of the Services requires you to open an account, you must complete the registration process by providing us with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form. You will choose a password and a user name. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are responsible for any and all activities that occur on your account. You agree to notify Gettysburg immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security of which you become aware. Gettysburg will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account,either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by Gettysburg or another party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else's account at anytime, without the permission of the account holder.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitations of Liability. Your use and browsing of this Site is at your sole risk. If you are dissatisfied with the Site or any of the materials on the Site, or with any of the Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue accessing and using the Site.
THIS WEBSITE, AND THE AND INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAWS, BOTH CURRENT AND FUTURE, GETTYSBURG DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT AND OTHER VIOLATIONS OF RIGHTS. GETTYSBURG (INCLUDING ITS OFFICERS,DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS) DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. GETTYSBURG(INCLUDING ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS) DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY MATERIALS OR INFORMATION OBTAINED AT LINKED INTERNET ADDRESSES, IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, THE ACCURACY OR REASONABLENESS OR FACTUAL OR SCIENTIFIC ASSUMPTIONS, STUDIES OR CONCLUSIONS,THE DEFAMATORY NATURE OF STATEMENTS, OWNERSHIP OF COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, AND THE VIOLATION OF PROPERTY, PRIVACY, OR PERSONAL RIGHTS OF OTHERS. IF YOUR USE OF MATERIALS OR INFORMATION FROM THIS SITE, OR FROM MATERIALS OR INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM LINKED INTERNET ADDRESSES, RESULTS IN NEED FOR SERVICE, REPAIR,OR CORRECTION OF EQUIPMENT OR DATA, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICE, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL GETTYSBURG (INCLUDING ITS OFFICERS,DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS) BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL,PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
10. Jurisdiction And Governing Law. Gettysburg operates and controls this Site (excluding linked sites) from its campus within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, United States of America. You agree that the statutes and laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without regard to its conflicts of law principles, will apply to all matters regarding the use of this Site. You also agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the Court of Adams County and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania with respect to such matters. Gettysburg makes no representation that the Site or the materials displayed on the Site are appropriate or available for use in any other jurisdictions or countries. If you attempt to access, use, or download the materials from this Site from other jurisdictions, you do so at your own risk, and you are responsible for complying with the laws of other jurisdictions.
11. International Users. Materials published at this Site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. Gettysburg makes no representation that this Site or the materials at this Site are appropriate or available for use at locations outside of the United States and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. You may not use the Site or export information or materials at this Site in violation of the export or other laws, regulations, executive orders, decrees or other legal enactments or requirements of the United States or any other country. If you access this Site from a location outside of the United States,you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws. By using this Site you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any country on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders or Denied Persons List.
12. myGettysburg "Commenting," Chat Rooms And Bulletin Boards. Our myGettysburg Community offers the opportunity to read and publicly comment on various articles. In addition, Gettysburg may now, or in the future, offer chat rooms or bulletin boards which similarly permit users to post information publicly to the Site. These services are provided by Gettysburg as a service and convenience to its visitors. You should however, understand the risks involved with using this type of site. Therefore, before you can participate in any commenting, chat room or bulletin board on this Site it is important that you read, understand and agree to the following terms and conditions and all of the Terms on this Site.
You agree that you will not upload any material to this Site that infringes any proprietary right,including, but not limited to, copyrights or trademarks. You also agree not to upload any material that is obscene, libelous, defamatory, harassing, hateful, or racially,ethnically or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity. You agree not to "stalk" or otherwise harass another or store personal data about other users.
Gettysburg does not screen, review or control the information and listings posted by users, nor does it screen, review, or control any of the people who participate. Gettysburg is not responsible for the information or material provided on this Site by others and cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided by any other party. Because we do not control the transactions between you and other users, you hereby acknowledge that Gettysburg is in no way liable for any claims arising from your use of this Site. As a condition of your use, you agree to indemnify Gettysburg for all claims relating to any material or information posted by you on this Site. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Gettysburg reserves the right to remove material from the Site, block access to the Site (or any portion thereof), or take other action with respect to posted material that Gettysburg deems, in its sole discretion, to violate these Terms, although Gettysburg is under no obligation to do so.
Remember that there are risks in dealing with people you do not know and that Gettysburg has no control over such risks. You need to exercise care in these transactions. People may provide information that is offensive, false, harmful, or deceptive. Please be cautious when sharing information,especially personal information, with others.