Below are links to a tutorial about seeking permission to reproduce copyrighted works. (Links take you out of this site.)
Additional Information & Resources
- Sources to Consult When Seeking Copyright Owners (including rights management organizations)
- Sample Permission Letters
- Getting Permission (UT Austin) Instructions and "difficult situations."
- How to Investigate the Copyright Status of a Work (U.S. Copyright Office)
Explains how to search U.S. Copyright Office catalogs records in person or for a significant hourly fee.
- Permissions: An Overview (from Purdue U.) Excellent, concise "how-to" guide.
Content in this page was used or adapted with permission from one or more institutions. Please see acknowledgements.