Who We Are
- Amy Ward, Director of Technical Services and Cataloging Librarian (x7036)
- Jim Ramos, Cataloging Assistant (x7008)
- Sunni DeNicola, Cataloging Assistant (x7031)
What We Do
The Cataloging Department supports the library's mission by providing access to collections that support study within traditional and emerging disciplines. Our work enhances your library experience by minimizing the time spent searching and maximizing your results. We:
- Promote our collections in MUSCAT, our gateway to research and exploration
- Enhance MUSCAT with summaries, book covers, table of contents, robust keywords and subjects
- Highlight recent additions to our core collections through RSS Feeds and Featured Lists
- Connect you to related resources of the same topic through subject headings and call numbers and links
- Handle books, DVDs, CDs, music scores, journals, electronic resources, maps, artifacts, photographs, digital collections, headphones, even umbrellas. If you can check it out, we processed it!
- Increase the longevity and security of our collections with labels, protective covers, and in-house repairs
- Offer Rush Cataloging for high demand academic materials
- Support the services of Circulation, Interlibrary Loan, Media, Reference, Reserves, and Special Collections
Resources & Tools
The Cataloging Department uses a variety of resources to streamline our catalog in anticipation of your present and future research needs.