To place an item on reserve at the Circulation Desk:
- Fill out the appropriate Reserves Form as completely as possible.
- Paper forms are available at the Circulation Desk or in the Reserves office in room 020 on the ground floor of Musselman Library.
- Completed forms and reserve materials may be left at the Circulation Desk or brought to room 020 on the ground floor of Musselman Library.
Allow 2 weeks for processing lists at the beginning of the semester. At other times allow 1 or 2 days. Personal copies take longer than Gettysburg-owned material.
NOTE: Material brought to Reserve Office after 12 noon on Friday will not be available until Monday afternoon. No material can be processed on Saturday and Sunday.
Hardcopy Reserve Guidelines:
- Personal copies: We caution that some amount of wear and tear should be expected when the materials are on reserve. The library does not accept responsibility for damage to personal materials or stolen materials.
- Statistics: The MUSCAT system tracks the number of times individual reserves have been checked out. These statistics are e-mailed to you at the end of each semester.
- Removing Items from Reserve: At the end of each semester, all reserve items are removed from the course lists and returned to the library stacks. Materials belonging to faculty members are returned via campus mail.