Gettysburg College is a highly selective national, four-year residential college of liberal arts and sciences. With a student body of approximately 2,600, it is located on a 200-acre campus adjacent to the Gettysburg National Military Park in Pennsylvania. The College was founded in 1832.
HEDS Senior Survey, Spring 2011
Gettysburg College administered the Higher Education Data Sharing Consortium (HEDS) Senior Survey to the entire population of 568 Gettysburg graduating seniors in April 2011. 535 students participated in this on-line survey; the participation rate was 94%.
92% reported that overall, they were satisfied with their undergraduate education at the College. Read More
College-administered financial aid
Over 70% of entering students in the fall of 2009 received financial aid averaging over $30,000.
First-year historical retention rates
Retention rates in the recent years have been consistently over 90%. The current retention rate is 90.3%.
Historical admissions trends
The number of applicants increased by roughly 13% over the past 6 years. During this period more students enrolled than anticipated.
Geographical distribution of alumni
Alumni reside in all 50 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Canada, and in 5 continents around the world.
Over the past 5 years 13 faculty have been added to maintain a student-faculty ratio at 10.7 to 1. The goal is to further reduce this ratio over the next two years.
Historical graduation rates
Graduation rates in the most recent years have exceeded 80%.
- College Board
- U. S. News & World Report America's Best Colleges
- University and College Accountability Network (UCAN)
- US Depart. of Education College Navigator (IPEDS)
- Fiske Guide to Colleges
- The Princeton Review
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education, statement of accreditation status
- Kiplinger ranked Gettysburg ranked 47th of 287 private colleges in its 2009 Best Values in Private Colleges
- Gettysburg College: Economic Impact on the Community
- Gettysburg at a glance
- Academic program
- Retention & graduation rates
- Student body
- Fact Book
- Common Data Set
- Related Links