- In late May, packets will be mailed (via U.S.Postal Service) to all members of the Class of 2017.
- By May 21, all new students will be emailed user names, passwords, and instructions on how to log into myFirstYearDashboard, which opens on May 22, 10am EST.
- The email address used will be the email address provided in your student's college application.
- myFirstYear Dashboard is an online portal where your student will complete orientation registration; take the Honor Code tutorial; submit houseing preferences; update contact information; submit academic interests; take Gettysburg's language placement exam; and more.
- myFirstYear Dashboard must be completed by June 17.
- Please remind your student to have his or her final transcript with senior grades sent to Gettysburg College's Admissions Office by July 1.
- In mid June, an email notification about your student's tuition and fees charges will be sent to your student's Gettysburg College email address (ie, firstname.lastname@example.org). If your student set you up as an Authorized Payer in myFirstYear Dashboard, you will receive an email as well. The email will have a link to your student's bill, which may be viewed and paid via the online service QuikPay. Learn more about the student accounts and the billing system.
- NOTE: The June bill will include a charge for health insurance provided by a College-affiliated vendor. If, via myFirstYear Dashboard, your student provided documentation to show that he or she is covered by another health insurance policy, the June bill also will include a credit for the charge. Learn more. (If your student did not provide the documentation required, you can log into Parent CNAV (more on CNAV below) and provide information about the private policy that will cover your student. Your student will receive a credit on the next billing statement.)
- myFirstYear Dashboard closes on June 17.
- In late June, you will receive an email from Allison Singley, director of parent relations suggesting that you review family and health insurance information and that you sign up for emergency text notification via the College's Parent CNAV website. You will be sent CNAV log in insructions as well. Learn more about Parent CNAV. The email will be sent to the parent email address(es) provided by your student in his or her application for admission.
- Course registration via the online Student Center opens on June 24. (Course registration closes on July 12.)
- In late June, be on the lookout for an invitation to our Summer Send-Offs.
- On June 30, the Health Forms from your student's Orientation Packet are due. (Downloadable forms are available in the Health Services website's Applications and Forms page.)
- Thinking of purchasing a new computer for your student? Learn about discounts available to Gettysburg College students.
- Course registration closes on July 12.
- Summer Send-Offs begin in mid July.
- Welcome Folders for parents/families will arrive in late July.
- Room and roommate assignments will be available via student CNAV in the first week of August.
- Part I of AlcoholEdu for College , a required online program for new students, begins on August 1. It must be completed by August 15.
- Beginning August 5, course schedule changes can be made via the online Student Center.
- Ascent Pre-Orientation Trips begin August 15.
- Early arrivals for some sports teams and marching band begin as early as August 10. Check back for more information.
- Opening Day is August 21. Move-In begins at 8:00 a.m. First-Year Orientation runs from August 21 to August 25.
- Classes begin on August 26.
Office of Student Activities & First-Year Programs
Building: College Union Building
Room Number: 240
Phone: (717) 337-6304
Office Hours: M-F 8:00-4:30
Campus Box: 2999
myFYDashboard and Course Registration Resources: