Parents of current Gettysburg College students are actively involved in a number of programs both on and off campus. The goal of parent involvement is to enhance the Gettysburg experience for students and their families and to provide opportunities for connecting parents and family members with other parents, alumni, students, staff, and faculty in the Gettysburg community.
Here are some of the ways that you can directly participate in the life of Gettysburg College:
- Volunteer on the Family Weekend Advisory Council or Opening Day Welcome Team.
- Help students develop their careers by participating in one or more of the Center for Career Development programs.
- Join the Gettysburg College Professional Network on LinkedIn
- Stay informed and engaged by attending College events that take place in or near your hometown.
- Be an ambassador for the College by hosting an event for other Gettysburg College parents, families, and/or alumni in your home or at another venue.
- Travel domestically or internationally with the College's innovative Experiential Education program.
- Increase opportunities for all Gettysburg College students by contributing to the Gettysburg Fund and by asking other parents to do the same.
If you are interested in being involved, need more information, or have a question, please contact Allison Singley, director of parent relations, via email (email@example.com) or phone (717) 337-6520.