How to view and pay your student's account
To view and pay your student's account, log into GBURG Billing. (You must be already set up as an "authorized payer" in GBURG Billing. See below for more information about how to become a GBURG Billing authorized payer.)
The amount owed may be paid in one of three ways:
- paying online with a Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express (There is a 2.75% convenience fee added by the servicer for each credit card payment. This fee is not associated with or passed on to Gettysburg College.)
- paying online with an electronic check from a bank account (account and routing numbers must be provided)
- printing the statement and mailing it with a personal or cashier's check to Gettysburg College Student Accounts, 300 North Washington St., Campus Box 437, Gettysburg, PA 17325, USA.
Credit card and electronic check information may be saved in the GBURG Billing system by clicking the "Save Profile" box. Automatic (i.e. monthly) payments cannot be set up in GBURG Billing.
How to become an authorized payer in GBURG Billing
Parents and guardians can have access to GBURG Billing, but first their students must designate them as "Authorized Payers" via the myFirstYear Dashboard or via the online Student Center.
- When setting up the parent or guardian up as an authorized payer, the student provides the parent's or guardian's email address and assigns the parent or guardian a user name.
- After the student has set up a parent or guardian as an authorized payer, the parent or guardian will receive an email from GBURG Billing that provides the parent's or guardian's user name, a temporary password, and a link to the parent access of GBURG Billing.
- When authorized payers log into GBURG Billing for the first time, they are prompted to provide a new password and to answer a security question before proceeding.
More information about student accounts and using the GBURG Billing system is available on the Gettysburg College Financial Services website.