Gettysburg College is committed to establishing and supporting an environment where students, faculty, employees, volunteers and guests can take full advantage of the academic and social offerings in a manner that supports the health, safety, and well-being of all individuals. If members of our community observe behaviors inconsistent with this goal, it is important to immediately report concerns to the appropriate College department or official for prompt and timely investigation.
Members of the Gettysburg College community have two options for officially reporting concerns:
1. For immediate emergency assistance, including assistance for imminent risk of suicide or harm to others, call 911 or the Department of Public Safety (DPS) at (717-337-6911).
2. Submit non-emergency concerns using the Community Concern Webform. Information provided on this form will be sent to the appropriate College official for review during normal business hours. Do NOT use this form to report time-sensitive or urgent matters. Contact the Department of Public Safety for issues that require immediate attention before or after normal business hours. Use of this form could be appropriate for reporting:
- Bias incidents
- Crime tips
- Harassment, including sexual harassment
- General student (CARE), employee, or faculty concerns
- Sexual Assault, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, Stalking, or Sexual Misconduct
Community Concern Form submissions are not anonymous. Privacy will be maintained throughout the investigation to the extent possible, however, consistent with the College's need to undertake a full investigation. All complaints will be promptly, thoroughly, and impartially investigated. Your name will be submitted along with the information you provide. Parents, guests, and visitors should contact DPS to report concerns as access to this reporting form is limited to Gettysburg students, faculty, and employees
Students who would like to discuss concerns CONFIDENTIALLY are advised to contact Counseling Services at 717-337-6960. Any such information will NOT be shared with College officials and does not constitute official reporting.
Employees who you would to discuss concerns confidentially are advised to contact the Employee Assistance Program.
Submit a Concern