Required Regular Decision Financial Aid Application Forms
Deadline: February 15
- CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE (available October 1)
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (available January 1)
*be sure to complete the forms for the upcoming academic year, i.e. 2014-15*
Gettysburg College Codes
- The Gettysburg College Code Number for the PROFILE is 2275.
- The Gettysburg College federal school code for the FAFSA is 003268.
When will I be notified of financial aid?
Regular Decision applicants will receive a financial aid decision with the admission decision letter if the PROFILE and FAFSA were filed by the February 15 deadline.
Otherwise, the financial aid decision will be made as soon as possible after the PROFILE and FAFSA are received by the College.
Please note: priority is given to those students whose forms are received by the deadline date.
Information for Accepted and Enrolled Students
Once a student is accepted to Gettysburg or enrolls in the Class of 2018, they must submit the following items by mail, fax (717-337-8555) or e-mail to the Gettysburg College Office of Financial Aid to finalize their financial aid award.
April 15 for Early Decision
May 1 for Regular Decision
- Copies of 2013 W-2 Forms for Parent(s) and Student
- Signed copies of 2013 IRS Tax Returns for Parent(s) and Student
Financial Aid awards are preliminary until all of the required documents are submitted.
If there are significant changes in family or financial information from what was submitted on the FAFSA and PROFILE, the Office of Financial Aid will review a student’s award and determine if adjustments are necessary.
Instructions for Divorced or Separated Parents
The FAFSA and PROFILE should be completed by the parent with whom the student resides (custodial parent). Step-parent income and asset data must be included on the FAFSA and PROFILE.
Information from the non-custodial parent is not necessary.
- View the status of your financial aid application materials or financial aid award inmyGettysburg
- Gettysburg's Net Price Calculator: Financial Aid Estimator
- Financing options for the family contribution
- Regular Decision admissions information
Additional FAFSA Information
If the FAFSA cannot accommodate all the schools you have under consideration, other institutions can be added after initial processing by calling the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FEDAID or by using the FAFSA website.
If you prefer to complete the FAFSA by mail, a paper version can be obtained by calling the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FEDAID. Students may request up to three copies and should receive the FAFSAs in three to seven business days. The PDF FAFSA is available for you to print and fill out manually.