Scholarship Search Information
Each year, students attending Gettysburg College receive approximately $1,402,364 in scholarships and awards from a variety of sources including civic and religious organizations, foundations, corporations, employee benefit plans and high school recognition programs.
To assist in the search for scholarship opportunities, Gettysburg College encourages students to visit the following FREE websites.
Most scholarships listed on the web are offered by reputable organizations. When a scholarship looks "too good to be true" or requests a fee to process the application, it may be a scam.
If you can answer "yes" to any of these questions, the scholarship offer may be a scam!
- Do you need to send an application fee or processing fee?
- Does the application ask for your credit card or bank account information?
- Do the materials offer a "guarantee" or "high success rate"?
- Does the provider offer to do the work for you?
- Is the scholarship offer available only for a short time?
Be cautious! Before applying, get more information about the organization offering the scholarship. Check out their website. Ask questions. Contact your high school guidance office or the Office of Financial Aid.