About the Class of 2014
The approximately 720 members of Class of 2014 were drawn from an outstanding total applicant pool of 5,392 students and represent 29 states and 9 countries.
A brief list of some of their accomplishments:
- One is a championship sailboat skipper and US fencing gold medalist.
- One, who is a descendant of the Mayflower pilgrims and Abe Lincoln, traveled to Romania to care for orphans and helped build homes in Appalachia.
- One won a silver medal in the 200-meter breaststroke in the Netherlands.
- One wrote and published a WWII veteran’s memoirs.
- One sang for Obama’s inauguration and has performed backup vocals for Beyonce, Bruce Springstein, and Garth Brooks.
- One participated in a World Championship for Irish Step dancing.
- One agility trains his sheepdogs and has played the trumpet for President Clinton.
- One has performed at Carnegie Hall.
- One discovered a habitat for rare toads that is now legally protected.
- One fundraised for supplies that were sent to an Afghan orphanage where her father served.
- One recorded oral histories of war veterans for a historical society.
- And one is the president and designer of a local organization providing business attire to abused women entering the workforce.
View Orientation 2010 photos on Flickr
Watch Orientation 2010 videos on YouTube