- Move-in Day
- Orientation Groups
- Families & farewells
- First-year Walk
- GIV Day
- Field Day
- Watch the Convocation ceremony
- Move-In Day Video
- First-year Walk - Gettysburg Address
- "Experience Gettysburg"
- Eyeing Greatness
- First steps on the road to graduation
- For the Class of 2017, experiences abound during Orientation
- Welcome to campus first-years! View Move-In Day photos & video
Social Media - #gburg2017
In The Media
- Poverty no play: Gettysburg College students participate in GIV Day - The Hanover Evening Sun
- Gettysburg College students retrace Abe Lincoln's walk to start school year - The Patriot News
- New college students take First Walk - The Hanover Evening Sun
- Leaders and All Americans Should Heed Gettysburg Address Message of Sacrifice - MarketWatch
About the Class of 2017
Hailing from 38 states and 11 countries, the 705 members of Class of 2017 bring to Gettysburg an impressive mix of academic and civil achievements, fascinating life experiences, and a desire for greatness.
Highlights from the Class of 2017:
- Students who are multi-lingual. Languages spoken include Spanish, Japanese, and French.
- Participated in mission trips to Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Mexico, Guatemala, Ghana, Haiti, Ecuador, Tanzania, Peru, and Thailand.
- Kayaked 50 miles through Prince William Sound, hiked 40 miles through the Talkeenta Mountains and rafted 40 miles while participating in a three-week survival program.
- Trained with the world-famous Radio City Rockettes.
- Ran 91 miles in one week.
- Created a Big Brother program.
- Volunteered for Special Olympics.
- Participated in a three-month voyage from Massachusetts to the Dominican Republic on a 125 ft. schooner.
- Studied sharks in Fiji.
- Rode a horse to school every day for two months.
- Wrote and directed a one act play.
- Started a business.
- Helped with the Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
- Traveled all over the world with People to People.
- Garnered more than 500 hours of community service.
- Hiked more than 70 miles in 11 days carrying a 50 Ibs bag filled with gear.
- Created and installed a 25 mile post around a park’s walking trail.
- Drummer in a band that has opened for more than 100 national touring acts.
- Competitive figure skater for 10 years.
- Trained and wrestled with Navy SEALS.
- All-state student-athlete.
- Writes and records original music.
- Raised $15,000 for breast cancer research.
- Performed in the "Capitol One Bowl" halftime show on New Year’s Day with the All-American cheerleading team.
- Backpacked across the Grand Canyon.