January 2013 Job Shadowing and Career Networking Dinners
Funding assistance is available to help with transportation costs for participants of the program. Students must apply for funding by submitting the Transportation Reimbursement Request Form and appropriate receipts to Tammy Shaffer in the Center for Career Development following their participation. Funding is limited to those students who have traveled greater than 35 miles from their residence.
Questions? Contact Tammy Shaffer, email@example.com, Administrative Services Assistant.
Career Networking Dinners
Most Dinners will be held on Thursday, January 17, either in the homes of the alumni and parent hosts or at restaurants.
Students are responsible for transportation to the Career Networking Dinner. Alumni and Parent hosts are responsible for providing the meal and venue.
Decisions announced after Thanksgiving Break
Sampling of Dinner Hosts:
- Jack Duffy '79, Vice President- ABS Sales Operations, AT&T. Bedminster, NJ
- Ray Hopkins '87, COO, YES Network and Eric Handler '87, VP of Communications, YES Network. New York, NY
- Amy Chidiac '97, Philanthropist. Los Angeles, CA
- Mary Claire (Bonner) Lagno P'12. Sr VP, Aetna - retired. New York, NY
- Lorna Rice '81, Clinicial Social Worker, Carroll Home Care & Hospice. Westminster, MD
- Patricia Bryan '77, P'15, Deputy Senate Legal Counsel, US Senate, & Dean McGrath P'15, Attorney, McGrath & Associates. Washington, DC
- Marlene Warner '97, Executive Director, Mass. Council on Compulsive Gambling. Salem, MA
This is a great opportunity to connect with Gettysburg alumni and parents, build your professional network, get advice on looking for your first job, and ask questions from professionals in a variety of careers.
Deadlines and Important Dates
Applications Due: Sunday, November 11 by midnight
Students Notified: After Thanksgiving Break
Mandatory Career Networking Dinner Session for Participants: Wednesday, Nov. 28, Noon. or Thursday, Nov. 29, 4p.m. (MAST 110) - Attend one only
Deadlines and Important Dates for 2014
Applications Available: October/November
Applications will be due: November
Students Notified: Late November/Early December
Mandatory Job Shadowing Session for Participants: TBD, following student notification
*Students who are studying abroad at the time of the session will be sent information via email.