Siegfried Career Development Fellowships
The Siegfried Career Development Fellowships began in the summer of 2012 with a generous gift to the Center for Career Development from Jeff Siegfried ’81, CEO of Omni Cable.
The fellowship will provide students with a meaningful, outcomes-based internship and mentoring opportunities in a myriad of organizational settings. Fellows will practice and expand on the knowledge and skills garnered in the classroom, participate in professional preparation seminars prior to the start of their internship, and ultimately enhance their marketability for life beyond Gettysburg College.
About our students:
Gettysburg students are:
- Bright – over 60% of students possess a 3.0 grade point average or higher
- Intellectual – most students double major or minor in several of the college’s more than 60 academic programs, including Organization and Management Studies, Political Science, History, Psychology, English, Biology, Health Sciences, and Economics
- Global – more than half spend a semester abroad, which adds to their career preparation and worldview
- Prepared – professional preparation through interview skills workshops, mock interviews, and resume and cover letter critiquing
Benefits of Participating:
- Well-qualified participants will be matched to meet your needs
- Fellows receive valuable preparation prior to the start of their internship with your organization through seminars (ex. – communication, computer, etc.)
- Guidance by Career Development Staff on setting internship expectations, rates of pay, and pre-determined projects with deadlines and clear outcomes
- On-going college supervision throughout the summer and check-point meetings to ensure students are meeting your needs and project deadlines
- Great return on investment with potential for permanent hires for your organization
Are you ready to recruit?
Recruit your next high-caliber intern through the Siegfried Career Development Fellowships. For more information contact the Center for Career Development at (717) 337-6616 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Reasons to apply:
- Offer exposure to an array of career opportunities
- Enhance professional preparation through mentoring by business experts
- Provide real-life, hands on work experience and skills
- Gain an advantage for full-time employment after graduation
- The selection process for the Siegfried Career Development Fellowships is competitive and will occur each fall. Fellows will be chosen from a pool of juniors who are innovative thinkers, self-motivated, and are hard workers.
- Students will be matched with employers based on identified work projects and compatible skill sets.
- Applications will be available soon.
- All applicants must be a junior in good academic standing.
- Upon being selected as a Fellow, students will be required to participate in unique on-campus mentoring and attend speaker series programs in the spring to prepare them for their summer internship.
- During their senior year, Fellows will serve in a mentoring capacity to new students recruited to participate in the program.
Submit Internship for Approval (Credit or College Approved):
All fellows are required to register their internship via the student center. To learn how to register your internship, click here.