Want to spend time learning first-hand what a typical workday is like for alumni and parents in various career fields?
Offered every January during winter break, job shadowing provides one-day experiences in which students shadow alumni or parent volunteers in the workplace as they go about their day's work. Job Shadowing is open to students of all class years! Students must apply to participate and will be matched based upon their top selections and relevant career interests.
Sampling of Shadowing Sites
- Jersey Shore Medical Center - Neptune, NJ
- Credit Suisse - Boston, MA
- A+E Networks - New York, NY
- U.S. Attorney's Office - Alexandria, VA
- Sen. John Heinz History Center - Pittsburgh, PA
- Clear Channel Outdoor - Philadelphia, PA
- NorDx Laboratories - Scarborough, ME
- BNY Mellon - New York, NY
- U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security - Fairfax, VA
- Reading Hospital & Medical Center - West Reading, PA
- Elementary, Secondary & Higher Education - Various locations
Limited funding is available for those students who need assistance with transportation costs in order to participate in the program. Students who will travel greater than 35 miles who need assistance can apply for funding by submitting the Application Estimate Funding Form to Rebecca Barth.
Following the experience, students must then submit the Expense Reimbursement Request Form and appropriate receipts to Rebecca Barth in the Center for Career Development.
Questions? Contact Rebecca Barth, email@example.com, Administrative Services Assistant.
Alumni, Parents and Friends - Volunteer!
Inspire a student's career! Share your workplace and career insights by volunteering to be a job shadowing host. Contact Tiffany Kurzawa, firstname.lastname@example.org, Assistant Director for the Center for Career Development, to learn more about the program.
January 2016 Job Shadowing
Shadowing Timeframe: One day January 4-8 or 11-15
Applications Available: October 19
Applications Due: November 1 by 11:59p.m.
Students Notified: Before Thanksgiving Break
Mandatory Job Shadowing Preparation Workshop for Participants: Week of December 30
*Students who are studying abroad at the time of the session will be sent information via email.