You can apply for opportunities through our online applications.
Applications are due by November 2 by 11:59 p.m.
Not sure if you want to apply?
See what students have to say about their experience. Students Comments on the value of Job Shadowing and Career Networking Dinners. Want to learn more about Career Networking Dinners? See our blog post "Demystifying Career Networking Dinners".
- Caroline Allen '79, P'15 - PA Statewide Afterschool Youth Development Network, Center for Schools and Communities (career field: Educational Statewide Intermediary) Location: Camp Hill, PA. Shadowing Description: Formed in 2004, Pennsylvania Statewide Afterschool/Youth Development Network (PSAYDN) operates out of the Center for Schools and Communities in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania. PSAYDN promotes sustainable, high-quality out-of-school time youth development programs through advocacy and capacity building to enhance the welfare of Pennsylvania’s children, youth and families. Pennsylvania is one of 47 states that are part of the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation’s funding of statewide afterschool networks. This job shadow experience will demonstrate a fast-paced educational environment with a multitude of activities including social media, event planning, research, advocacy and more. Available Date(s): Flexible for all dates
- Chris Bowman ’00 - Assistant Principal, Conewago Valley School District - New Oxford Middle School and Tony Angelini ‘06 (career field: Education). As an administrator, they can see what we do on a daily basis. Every day is a new experience, so I cannot tell you what to expect on my end. We can also have students observe in classrooms and possibly even assist with activities if fitting. Tony Angelini '06 will host students in his room, along with other willing teachers in various content areas. (Background check required; Clearances needed). Dinner in New Oxford is included with hosts in order to recap/debrief the events of the day. Available Date(s): Jan. 5, Jan. 6, Jan. 7, Jan. 8, Jan. 13, Jan. 14, Jan. 15
- Jennifer Brevoort ’00 - Professional Learning and Development, Philadelphia Youth Network (career field: Education, Non-Profit/Public Policy) Location: Philadelphia, PA. Shadowing Despcription: Students who shadow at Philadelphia Youth Network (PYN) will get a sneak peak into systems level education and workforce development in Philadelphia. PYN works to connect and align the work of area community based organizations, the mayor's office, the Department of Human Services, Juvenile Justice and the School District of Philadelphia in order to improve education for high school students in the city. While shadowing here, students will learn more about funding, Philadelphia education politics and policy and the professional development we provide to area community based organizations. Available Date(s): Jan. 7, Jan. 9, Jan. 12, Jan. 14, Jan. 16
- Stephanie Chlebus ’05 – 4th, 5th, 6th Grade Teacher, Alexandria City Public School (career field: Education). Location: Alexandria, VA. Shadowing Description: School day from 7:45-2:55. I am a 4th, 5th, and 6th grade specialized math teacher. I teach 4th and 5th grade TAG students and a regular 5th grade math course. I am the 2012 winner of the Presidential Achievement and Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Lauren Davis Catlett ’02 – Principal, Uncommon Schools – Troy Prep Charter School (career field: Education) Location: Troy, NY. Shadowing Description: Shadow staff members at one of the highest-performing charter management organizations in the country. Students may shadow the principal, teachers in grades 5-8 in all content areas, or members of the operations team. Available Date(s): Jan. 7-9, 12-16
- Gabby Garncarz ’05 – Language Arts Teacher, Berlin Public Schools –McGee Middle School (career field: Education). Location: Berlin, CT. Shadowing Description: I am both a classroom teacher and team leader. Student shadows will experience a workshop environment in eighth grade reading and writing classes. Shadows should anticipate opportunities to participate in lessons and to take advantage of chances to interact with middle school students. Shadows will also observe team and/or department meetings, meet support staff, and have the opportunity to ask questions and make suggestions . Education is a two-way street, and Gettysburg College students have so much to offer! Available Date(s): Jan. 7-15
- Melissa Kiehl '00 - Teacher/Gifted and Talented, Howard County Public School System (career field: Education) Location: Ellicott City, MD. Shadowing Description: I can set up shadowing with any academic department based on students' interests. Available Date(s): Jan. 5, Jan. 6, Jan. 7, Jan. 8, Jan. 9 are preferred dates
- Holly McDevitt ’87 – Board Member, Hope Partnership for Education (career field: Non-Profit/Education) Location: Philadelphia, PA. Shadowing Description: The students will have a tour of the school and then meet with the director of the school and the person in charge of development. Available Date(s): Jan. 8
- Allison Meckley ’05 – Director of Professional Development, Realtors Association of York and Adams County (career field: Education, Finance/Investment) Location: York, PA. Shadowing Description: Overview of the Realtors Association, the local professional association for Realtors in York and Adams Counties. We provide education and support to local Realtors, Appraisers, and those who are affiliated with the Real Estate industry. Available Date(s): Flexible, but Jan. 9 would be the best date.
- Regina Michel '91 - fifth grade STEM teacher, Carroll County Public Schools (career field: education) Location: Hampstead, MD. Shadowing Description: observe teaching of science and math. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Louisa Polos '08 - English/Social Studies Teacher (middle school), Rippowam Cisqua School (career field: Education) Location: Bedford, NY. Shadowing Description: Spend the day in the life of a middle school English/Social Studies teacher. Available Date(s): Flexible, but Fridays are half days
- Andrea Powell P’14 – Director/Teacher, School House Christian Preschool (career field: Education). Location: Hellertown, PA. Shadowing Description: Students studying Early Childhood Education would enjoy this opportunity to observe and interact with preschool age children. Our program is largely based on the Reggio Emilia approach. Our curriculum is, therefore, emergent. We use the children's interests to develop long-term, interdisciplinary projects. Visiting students would also have an opportunity to learn about our assessment, documentation and planning methods. Our school hours are 9:00 to 1:40; Background check required. Available Date(s): Jan. 6-9, 13-16
- Peter Vermilyea '94 - Social Studies Department Chair, Region One Schools (Housatonic Valley Regional High School) (career field: Education) Location: Falls Village, CT. Shadowing Description: Observe classes (teach a lesson if multi-day stay), discuss careers in education. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Ed Vonderschmidt ’74 – Director, Y.A. L.E. School(career field: Education) Location: Cherry Hill, NJ. Shadowing Description: Options to shadow teachers, supervisors, reading specialists, psychologists, social workers, and or administrators. Available Date(s): Jan. 7, Jan. 8, Jan. 12, Jan. 13, Jan. 14, Jan. 15
- Mark Wursthorn '96 - Dean of Students, Windsor Locks Public Schools (career field: Education) Location: Windsor Locks, CT. Shadowing Description: A dean of students is similar to an assistant principal. I am in a high school. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Caroline Allen '79, P'15 - PA Statewide Afterschool Youth Development Network, Center for Schools and Communities (career field: Educational Statewide Intermediary), John Skrabak (husband) '79 P'15 - Senior Business Intelligence Architect, Footlocker Corp. (career field: Business). Dinner Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- William (Skip) Atwater P'14 - Business Consultant, Hewlett Packard (career field: Global Communications/Cloud-based Technology/Change management/Marketing) and Katherine Atwater P'14 - 4th Grade School Teacher, Roberge School (career field: Education) Dinner Location: Allendale, NJ
- Marsha Comegno '94 - President/Founder/Independent Education Consultant, Journey Education Consulting (career field: Education, Consulting, Entrepreneurship) and John Comego '94 -Attorney/President/Founder of Comegno Law Group, P.C (career field: Law) Dinner Location: Moorestown, NJ
- Sue Crump ’84 – College Consultant, College Insights, LLC (career field: Education, Consulting) and Tammy Murtagh Curran '84, VP of Finance, SC&A Construction, Inc. (career field: Finance/Investment). Dinner Location: Glen Mills, PA
- Corey Ehrenwerth '98 - Sr. Technical Architect, AdvizeX Technologies (career field: Computer/Information Technology) and Angela Ehrenwerth '97, Supervisor, Special Education, Windsor High School (career field: Education). Dinner Location: Greater Hartford Area DINNER DATE: January 9 or 10
- Holly McDevitt ’87 – Board Member, Hope Partnership for Education (career field: Non-Profit, Education), Matthew McDevitt - Executive VP of Real Estate, BioMed Realty Trust (career field: Business/Sales, Real Estate) Dinner Location: Berwyn, PA.
- Allison Meckley ’05 – Director of Professional Development, Realtors Association of York and Adams County (career field: Education, Finance/Investment) and possibly Kevin Smith '89, 1st VP, Wealth Management, Janney Montgomery Scott, LLC, and his wife, Anne. Dinner Location: York, PA
You can browse the entire list of opportunities by Location. You can also browse opportunities by category. You can easily search through the opportunities by hitting CTRL+F to bring up a search box in your web browser or PDF.
Arts/Music - Business/Sales/Insurance – Consulting – Education – Entrepreneur - Event Planning - Finance/Investment – Government - Higher Education/Development - Human Resources - Information Technology/Computer – Law - Library/Museum - Medicine/Healthcare - Non-Profit/Public Policy - Public Relations/Communications (Media, Advertising, Marketing) - Sciences/Research - Social Work - Sports Management/Industry –Other