You can apply for opportunities through our online applications.
Applications are due by November 17th by 11:59pm.
- Lawrese Brown ’10 – Program Coordinator, New Jersey Needs You -http://www.newjerseyneedsyou.org/program (career field: Non-profit/Education Management/Social Work) Location: New York, NY. Shadowing Description: Students interested in non-profit, education management, or social work will have the opportunity to participate, facilitate, assist during a Saturday program workshop on January 11th. Students will witness first -hand and actively assist in running Saturday professional development workshops for our 25 college students and 25 professional volunteers (mentor coaches.) Students will have the opportunity to meet first-generation college students as well as expand their personal networks by meeting professionals from New York and New Jersey who work in various fields such as finance, healthcare, education, law, and technology. Available Date(s): Saturday, Jan. 11
- Marsha Comegno '94 - Journey Education Consulting, President/Founder/Independent Education Consultant (career field: Education/Consulting/Entrepreneurship) Location: Moorestown, NJ. Shadowing Description: Students can spend a day learning about my role as an Education Consultant. I help students, parents, and others navigate the College admissions process, as well as help students to identify, explore, and match their passions to the "best fit" colleges. Available Date(s): TBD
- Angela Dolson '11 - Staff Assistant III, Donor Engagement and Events, Harvard University (career field: Higher Education/Event Planning/Fundraising/Alumni Affairs) Location: Cambridge, MA. Shadowing Description: The student would be able to see the day-to-day of working on large scale events, which could be both applicable to a student interested in higher education or in event planning in general. In addition, I could work on setting up short information sessions with coworkers if the student is interested in learning more about fundraising and/or alumni relations. Available Date(s): TBD
- Stacy Godnick '84 - Associate Dean for Student Academic Life, Boston University (career field: Higher Education Administration) Location: Boston, MA. Shadowing Description: Exposure to meetings, program planning; potential exposure to residence life, admissions, other aspects of higher education administration. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Matt Haag '94 - Assistant Vice-President AND City Councilmember, University of Rochester AND City of Rochester (career field: Fundraising AND Politics) Location: Rochester, NY. Shadowing Description: Understanding the balance between a full-time career and serving as a citizen legislator. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Amy Layman '94 - Director of Alumni Program Engagement, Villanova University (career field: Higher Ed Administration; University Advancement) Location: Villanova, PA. Shadowing Description: Overview of higher education administration, diving into specific detail about alumni relations and university advancement (volunteers, event planning, data management, managing alumni boards, social media/marketing, student/young alumni engagement, fundraising and other specific topics). Day can be tailored to participants interests. Available Date(s): Jan. 7 but flexible
- Lindsey Shafer '09 - Emergency Coordinator, Virginia Tech Office of Emergency Management (career field: Emergency Management) Location: Blacksburg, VA. Shadowing Description: A student would get to see how universities provide safety and security for students, faculty, staff, and visitors. They would get to see how emergency exercises are planned and conducted, how trainings are scheduled and advertised, and witness the different initiatives available to the campus community. Available Date(s): Jan. 8, Jan. 9, Jan. 10, Jan. 13, Jan. 14, Jan. 15, Jan.16
- Kelly Alsedek '70 - Retired - Communications & Marketing Department, Lebanon Valley College (career field: Communications/Marketing) Dinner Location: TBD (Gettysburg or Harrisburg area)
- Bruce Chamberlin '86 - Senior Associate Director of Admissions, Georgetown University (career field: Higher Education/Admissions/Administration) Conversation will focus on careers within higher education, undergraduate admissions, and legal counsel work within a university and the Department of Education. Bruce Chamberlin '86 (undergraduate admissions at Georgetown University) and several other DC alumni with backgrounds in academic advising at the university level and college counseling at the secondary school level will be in attendance, as will a "friend of Gettysburg" (a Swattie, but don't hold it against her) who serves as legal counsel within the US Department of Education (Higher Education focus). Appropriate for all classes, freshmen through seniors. Dinner Location: Washington, DC
- Marsha Comegno '94 - Journey Education Consulting, President/Founder/Independent Education Consultant (career field: Education/Consulting/Entrepreneurship), John Comego '94 -Attorney/President/Founder of Comegno Law Group, P.C (career field: Law) and Tricia Cranmer '95 - Managing Principal, The Summers Group LLC (career field: Executive search) Dinner Location: Moorestown, NJ
- Stacy Godnick '84 - Associate Dean for Student Academic Life, Boston University (career field: Higher Education Administration) Dinner Location: Boston, MA
- Matt Haag '94 - Assistant Vice-President AND City Councilmember, University of Rochester AND City of Rochester (career field: Fundraising AND Politics) Dinner Location: Rochester, NY
- Molly Kastendieck '05 - Associate Director, Student-Alumni Programs, George Washington University (career field: Higher Education (Alumni Relations)) Dinner Location: Washington, DC area
- Susan Pyron '83 - Assistant Vice President of Annual Giving, Alumni and Parent Relations, Getttysburg College (career field: Higher Education Development) and Johnny Nelson '13, Assistant Director of Annual Giving, Gettysburg College (career field: Higher Education Development) Dinner Location: Camp Hill/Gettysburg, PA
- Lindsay Shafer ’09 - Emergency Coordinator, Virginia Tech Office of Emergency Management (career field: Emergency Management) Dinner Location: Christiansburg, VA
- Michael Straubel '07 - Vice President, Persimmon Capital Management (career field: Finance) and Doug Stuart ’04 - Assoc. Dir. of Alumni Relations & Annual Giving, Haverford College (career field: Higher Education Development) Dinner Location: Fort Washington, PA
You can browse the entire List of Opportunities by Career Field or by Location. You can also browse opportunities by category. You can easily search through the opportunities by hitting CTRL+F to bring up a search box in your web browser or PDF.
Arts/Music - Business/Sales/Insurance – Consulting – Education – Entrepreneur - Event Planning - Finance/Investment – Government - Higher Education/Development - Human Resources - Information Technology/Computer – Law - Library/Museum - Medicine/Healthcare - Non-Profit/Public Policy - Public Relations/Communications (Media, Advertising, Marketing) - Sciences/Research - Social Work - Sports Management/Industry –Other