You can apply for opportunities through our online applications.
Applications are due by November 2 by 11:59 p.m.
Not sure if you want to apply?
See what students have to say about their experience. Students Comments on the value of Job Shadowing and Career Networking Dinners. Want to learn more about Career Networking Dinners? See our blog post "Demystifying Career Networking Dinners".
- David Ashworth '77, P'06 - Judge, Lancaster County Court of Common Pleas (career field: Law) Location: Lancaster, PA. Shadowing Description: Observe court proceedings, attend chambers conferences, etc. Available Date(s): Flexible at this point in time
- Jeff Bartolino '79 - Assistant Vice President/Attorney, NJ Manufacturers Insurance Company (career field: Law) Location: West Trenton, NJ. Shadowing Description: Students will visit with various members of the General Claims Department, including legal staff members, and will learn about insurance claims adjusting, personal injury lawsuits, insurance policies (primarily auto), and other areas within the Company. Dinner is included. Available Date(s): Jan. 15
- Marla Decker ‘80 – Appellate Judge, Virginia State Court of Appeals (career field: Law). Location: Richmond, VA. Shadowing Description: Judge Decker received her J.D. from T.C. Williams School of Law at the University of Richmond, where she currently serves as an evening adjunct professor teaching Appellate Advocacy among other courses. Bio: 20 years as Assistant Attorney General in Criminal Litigation Section trying cases in state and federal court and defended convictions on appeal; promoted to Section Chief of the Special Prosecutions Section (Medicaid Fraud Control, Organized Crime, Environmental & Health Professions Units); appointed Deputy Attorney General of Public Safety & Enforcement Division; 2010 appointed as Secretary of Public Safety; 2013 appointed to the Court of Appeals in VA; 2014 elected by the VA General Assembly to an 8yr term as Judge on the Court of Appeals. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Kathleen Dugan P'15 - Librarian & Executive Director, Cleveland Law Library Association (career field: (Law) Librarianship) Location: Cleveland, OH. Shadowing Description: Observe legal reference service to lawyers and judges in the Cleveland area. Learn how to use our Integrated Library System to circulate and discharge books, look up patrons, charge accounts, and pay patron bills. Attend any meetings scheduled. Tour library and courthouse. Go out to lunch. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Stephen Harrell '98 – Physical Security Specialist, M&T Bank (career field: Business/Sales, Law Enforcement) Location: Harrisburg, PA. Shadowing Description: Student will ride along with me during the course of my daily tasks. Since I am responsible for physical security for the whole state of PA, there are a wide variety of possibilities: branch/vault inspections, reviewing camera footage of suspected criminal activity, following up on vendor projects, new employee training, etc. I have contact with almost every department in the bank. I also have experience in management and leadership at previous employers, and as always, seeing how an actual corporate job works has value in and of itself for a college student who may not be familiar. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- John O'Connor '82, P'11, '12 - Partner, Hunton & Williams LLP (career field: Law) Location: New York, NY. Shadowing Description: Tour office; perform computer research; lunch with host. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Kevin O’Shea P’15 – Senior Managing Partner, Allen & Overy, LLP (career field: Law – International). Location: New York, NY. Shadowing Description: Students will spend a day in the life of a real estate finance partner at this international law firm located in midtown Manhattan, which could include participating in client calls, negotiations with counterparties, and reviewing/revising/drafting legal documents. January 6th is a day we are planning to present to one of our best clients. Available Date(s): Jan. 6 (presentation to one of our best clients)
- Richard Trunnell ’84 – Owner, Trunnell Law, LLC (career field: Law) Location: Crofton, MD. Shadowing Description: I am a trial lawyer. Available Date(s): Jan. 6, Jan. 7, Jan. 8, Jan. 13, Jan. 14, Jan. 15
- Ellen Coletti P’16 – Associate Patent Counsel, Johnson & Johnson (career field: Patent Law/Corporate Law) and Vincent Coletti P’16 – Attorney, Solo Practice (career field: Law) Dinner Location: New Brunswick, NJ
- Marsha Comegno '94 - President/Founder/Independent Education Consultant, Journey Education Consulting (career field: Education, Consulting, Entrepreneurship) and John Comego '94 -Attorney/President/Founder of Comegno Law Group, P.C (career field: Law) Dinner Location: Moorestown, NJ
- Debbie Djupman '02 - Associate Attorney, Reed Smith LLP (career field: Law) Dinner Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Stetson (Tack) Eddy ’72 – Attorney, Leary & Holland, and Hugh Barry ’72, Attorney, Hugh Eric Barry, Esq. (career field: Law). Location: Providence, RI. DINNER DATE: January 15
- Patrick Galvin ’14 – Analyst, Graduate Rotational Program, Deutsche Asset Wealth Management; Peter Seiden '73 - Partner at Loeb and Loeb, a very prestigious law firm in New York. Peter works with Deutsche Asset Wealth Management's private bank in legal matters; Andrew King'06 - Assistant Vice President, Deutsche Asset Wealth Management. Andrew works in the Wealth Management Coverage division as a private banker; Jon Cordo '05 - Senior Relationship Manager for Institutional Sales at Brandywine Global and is a CAIA charter-holder. (career fields: Finance/Investment, Law) Dinner Location: New York, NY
- Mary Claire Lagno P’12 - Retired VP Head of Aetna Small & Middle Market Business and Christopher Lagno P'12, Parnter/Attorney, Seyfarth Shaw LLP (career fields: Business/Sales, Finance, Law); potentially up to 6 other alumni and parents to join. Dinner Location: New York, NY
- Greg Pinchbeck '90 - Global Head of Resiliency, Citigroup (career field: Business/Sales, Information Technology, Communications/Media); and Jeff Franchetti '90 - CIO at Cravath, Swaine, & Moore (career field: Law). Dinner Location: Manhatten, NY.
- Rich Swartz '80, P'09 - General Counsel, Residential Warranty Company, LLC (career field: Corporate Law) and Lindsay Musser Hough’98, Partner, Deloitte Consulting LLP/Author (career field: Consulting, Business/Sales) Dinner Location: Harrisburg, PA
You can browse the entire list of opportunities by Location. You can also browse opportunities by category. You can easily search through the opportunities by hitting CTRL+F to bring up a search box in your web browser or PDF.
Arts/Music - Business/Sales/Insurance – Consulting – Education – Entrepreneur - Event Planning - Finance/Investment – Government - Higher Education/Development - Human Resources - Information Technology/Computer – Law - Library/Museum - Medicine/Healthcare - Non-Profit/Public Policy - Public Relations/Communications (Media, Advertising, Marketing) - Sciences/Research - Social Work - Sports Management/Industry –Other