You can apply for opportunities through our online applications.
Applications are due by November 2 by 11:59 p.m.
Not sure if you want to apply?
See what students have to say about their experience. Students Comments on the value of Job Shadowing and Career Networking Dinners. Want to learn more about Career Networking Dinners? See our blog post "Demystifying Career Networking Dinners".
- Ann Marie Conte P’15 - Nurse Manager Pediatric Area - Pediatrics PICU and PASS, K Hovnanian Children's Hospital, Jersey Shore Medical Center (career field: Healthcare Administration/Medicine, Government) Location: Neptune, NJ. Shadowing Description: Healthcare administration, marketing, business, finance, physician practices; I can also afford students an experience on government as I am on the township committee and was the former Mayor of my town. I am active and can also introduce students to the senator and assembly representatives for a great experience. Available Date(s): TBD
- Marcy Di Blasio ’85 – Associate Director of Development, Samaritan Healthcare & Hospice (career field: Healthcare/Medicine, Development) Location: Marlton, NJ. Shadowing Description: Our office is a small yet mighty group of five Development professionals who raise over a million dollars each year to address costs to our patients and their families that are not covered by insurance. We conduct Annual, Planned, Major, and Corporate campaigns, concurrently as well as two large Special Events each year. We work cohesively as a team, and I think that a Gettysburg student could benefit a great deal from spending time in our presence, as well as that of the other staff members of Samaritan. Available Date(s): Jan. 6-9, 13-16
- Jersey Shore Medical Center where alumnus Steve Littleson '83 is the Executive Director (career field: Medicine/Healthcare) Location: Neptune, NJ. Shadowing Description: This 2-day experience will tentatively include observing a morning report session with the Department of Medicine, an afternoon observing various medical simulation exercises, and spending time with professionals in various departments: ob/gyn, internal medicine, pediatrics, psychiatry, surgery, and emergency. Students will also spend time with Dr. Kountz for a discussion on Getting into Medical School. Available Date(s): January 7 & 8 (2 days)
- Dr. Robert Jones '80 - Chief of Infectious Diseases, Reading Health System (career field: Medicine/Healthcare) Location: West Reading, PA. Shadowing Description: spend time in hospital on rounds and in infection prevention and possibly in hospital microbiology laboratory. This is a ½ day shadowing experience and includes dinner with Dr. Jones and Dr. Truex. Available Date(s): TBD
- Dr. Stephen Kareha '03 - Director of Physical Therapy Residency Education, St. Luke's University Health Network (career field: Medicine/Healthcare) Location: Allentown, PA. Shadowing Description: Physical therapists work with patients of all ages to prevent and correct problems with movement. On various days I have patient care hours mixed with administrative and teaching time. Available Date(s): Flexible (all dates are available)
- Marie Melone ’92 – Partner, MORR Dental Solutions, LLC (career field: Medicine/Healthcare, Business/Sales, Consulting) Location: Westborough, MA. Shadowing Description: My company is only two years old so shadowing me for the day will provide a soup to nuts experience of my company and what it takes to make it work. My primary service offering is dental practice brokerage but I also offer business valuation services and consulting to dental group practices. The day may include such things as reviewing legal documents, compiling due diligence materials, preparing engagement letters, reviewing financial information and preparing analyses, talking or meeting directly with clients or potential clients. I am partnered with a regional accounting firm that fairly exclusively provides accounting and business services to dentists and could also give exposure to that group. Available Date(s): Flexible (all dates are available)
- Dr. John Moran P'17 - Radiologist, West Reading Radiology Associates (career field: Medicine/Healthcare) Location: West Reading, PA. Shadowing Description: Diagnostic Radiology which on any given day may include radiographs, cat scan, ultrasound, mammography or magnetic resonance imaging. Student will need to sign confidentiality agreement. Available Date(s): Jan. 5-9 (somewhat flexible based on on-call schedule)
- Dr. Jeff Oak '81 - Sr. Vice President, Corporate Responsibility & Development, Bon Secours Health System, Inc. (career field: Healthcare/Medicine, Religion, Non-Profit/Public Policy) Location: Marriottsville, MD. Shadowing Descriptions (2 different opportunities) Administrative Leadership in Non-Profit Health Care: This job shadowing opportunity will provide students an opportunity to get an inside look at two aspects of administrative leadership in Bon Secours Health System, Inc. (BSHSI), a non-profit health care system headquartered outside of Baltimore, that owns or manages 18 hospitals in 6 states, with 21,000 employees and annual revenues of $3.6 billion. Half of the day will be spent in the corporate office of BSHSI, with an introduction to some of the key departments involved in operating a large, complex health system e.g. finance, human resources, information technology, ethics, regulatory affairs, medical affairs and nursing. The second half of the day will be spent visiting one of BSHSI’s facilities, a hospital in an underserved and economically challenged part of Baltimore city, where BSHSI has made substantial investments in building a healthy community. Dr. Oak is a Trustee of Gettysburg College and has a Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Philosophy and Master of Divinity from Yale University. Available Date(s): Flexible (TBD as January gets closer). Leadership in Corporate Ethics: This job shadowing opportunity will provide students an opportunity to spend the day with a group of Ethics Officers from corporations around the country at the semiannual meeting of the Ethics Resource Center (ERC) Fellows Program. Founded in 1922, ERC is America’s oldest nonprofit organization devoted to independent research and the advancement of high ethical standards in public and private institutions. This conference brings together practicing ethics officers from major corporations with academic experts in organizational ethics to share research and best practices, as well as to discuss key aspects of public policy pertaining to ethics programs in the US. Dr. Oak is a Trustee of Gettysburg College and has a Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Philosophy and Master of Divinity from Yale University. Available Date: TBD Jan. 13, 14, or 15
- Mary Piltz P’14 – Physical Therapist/Co-Owner, Advanced Rehabilitation Physcial Therapy (career field: Medicine/Healthcare) Location: New York, NY. Shadowing Description: Out-patient primarily orthopedic physical therapy practice in Midtown Manhattan. Atmosphere is friendly, professional and based on hands-on care. Student experience would be based on patient population the day the student is job shadowing. I am co-owner of the practice and commute from New Jersey; overnight lodging at my home and a ride into the City with me are available if that would be helpful. Available Date(s): Jan. 6, Jan. 7, Jan. 9, Jan. 12, Jan. 13, Jan. 16
- Dr. Michael Reichgott ’61 – Director of Human Subject Protection, Albert Einstein College of Medicine (career field: Medicine/Healthcare, Science/Research) Location: Bronx, NY. Shadowing Description: The student will observe how research involving human subjects is managed. This involves medical ethics, assurance of the rights. January 14 is the date of Dr. Reichgott's research review committee meeting, which is the core of what he does. Available Date(s): Jan. 14
- Dr. Kathleen Sardegna P'16 - Pediatrician, Staywell Health Center (career field: Medicine/Healthcare) Location: Waterbury, CT. Shadowing Description: Staywell is an FQHC center- thus it is a federally qualified center which offers care to lower a socio-economic population in the city of Waterbury. I am a pediatrician and see newborns to 18 years of age patients for regular physicals and ill visits. I work with other pediatricians, family medicine physicians and APRN'S. I see about 25-35 patients a day depending on the season. Students will follow me during the entire day of practice. Available Date(s): Jan. 5, Jan. 6, Jan. 12, Jan. 13
- Dr. David Talabiska '83, P'14 - DO, Central Pennsylvania Gastroenterology (career field: Medicine/Healthcare) Location: Lewisburg, PA. Shadowing Description: We like to have a one on one interaction with the students who would observe direct patient care in the office, procedure rooms, and hospital. We start at 7 am and do procedures in the morning, then see patients in the office starting at 1 pm until 4-5 pm. Friday we only have procedures in the morning with no afternoon office hours. We allow the students to spend as much time as they want throughout the day. Also, if any of your students are interested in being a PA, we have any excellent PA in our office and we can also set some time up with her. Available Date(s): TBD
- Dr. Raymond Truex ’63 – Neurosurgeon, RPS Spine and Brain Neurosurgery Center, Reading Hospital (career field: Medicine/Healthcare) Location: West Reading, PA. Shadowing Description: Students will shadow neurosurgeon on daily rounds and patient consultations. This is a ½ day shadowing experience and includes dinner with Dr. Truex and Dr. Jones. Available Date(s): TBD
- Jennie MacLeod Witt '99 - HLA Technologist, NorDx Laboratories (career field: Health care / Transplant / Immunogenetics) Location: Scarborough, ME. Shadowing Description: I would love to talk to students majoring in the sciences or interested in health care laboratory work. My particular job is very specialized (transplant immunogenetics) but our lab handles most blood testing for a major medical center and it would be interesting for students to see what a job in a clinical lab would look like. Available Date(s): Jan. 8, Jan. 9, Jan. 15, Jan. 16
- Elizabeth Krueger '11 - Supervisor, Vanguard and MBA Student at St. Joseph’s University, Allison Barrett '12 – Account Executive, DiD, Jordan Monts '12 - Outpatient Psychotherapist at Resources for Human Development Mastery Charter School Program, and possibly Matthew Moyer'12 - Health Safety and Environmental Specialist at Shire (career fields: Finance/Investment, Business, Advertising, Social Work, Environment). Dinner Location: Manayunk, PA DINNER DATE: Tuesday, January 6
- Bill Pyron '83 - Senior Professional Sales Representative, Actavis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Brian Rusignuolo '98, Senior VP and Chief Information Officer, Select Medical Corporation (Comfortable speaking to students that are interested in the following areas: computer science, technology, business analytics, business, healthcare, physical therapy or nursing. My department has several different areas of focus within the information services or information technology sector. (career field: Business/Sales, Computer/Information Technology, Healthcare), Dinner Location: Camp Hill, PA
You can browse the entire list of opportunities by Location. You can also browse opportunities by category. You can easily search through the opportunities by hitting CTRL+F to bring up a search box in your web browser or PDF.
Arts/Music - Business/Sales/Insurance – Consulting – Education – Entrepreneur - Event Planning - Finance/Investment – Government - Higher Education/Development - Human Resources - Information Technology/Computer – Law - Library/Museum - Medicine/Healthcare - Non-Profit/Public Policy - Public Relations/Communications (Media, Advertising, Marketing) - Sciences/Research - Social Work - Sports Management/Industry –Other