You can apply for opportunities through our online applications.
Applications are due by November 2 by 11:59 p.m.
Not sure if you want to apply?
See what students have to say about their experience. Students Comments on the value of Job Shadowing and Career Networking Dinners. Want to learn more about Career Networking Dinners? See our blog post "Demystifying Career Networking Dinners".
Public Relations and Communications (Media, Advertising and Marketing)
- Jack Duffy '79 - Vice President - Front End Ordering, AT&T(career field: Business/Sales, Communications/Media) Location: Bedminster, NJ. Shadowing Description: Day includes spending time with me for 2 hours, visiting our Global Network Operations Center, a Telepresence Call with our HR recruiters and Director of BSLDP program and finally time with at least 3 other executives. Available Date(s): TBD
- Ethan Heftman ’99 – Account Executive, A+E Networks (career field: PR/Communications/Media, Business/Sales) Location: New York, NY. Shadowing Description: Will introduce the student to advertising sales via round robin type visits with coworkers and clients. Available Date(s): Jan. 12-16
- George Kauker P'16 - President - Philadelphia division, Clear Channel Outdoor (career field: PR/Communications/Media, Business/Sales) Location: Philadelphia, PA. Shadowing Description: Student will shadow me as I interact with clients and management staff. Student will also have the opportunity to spend time with other managers: sales, real estate and (possibly) finance. Available Date(s): Flexible (all dates are available)
- Jason Maltby ’88 – President, Executive Director of National Television, Mindshare USA(career field: Communications/Media/PR) Location: New York, NY. Shadowing Description: Will learn about the media business at one of the worlds largest media agencies. Part of the day can be actual shadowing. Other part will be learning about different media (TV, Digital, etc.). Available Date(s): TBD
- Dan Riess (Friend) – Senior VP, Integrative Marketing, Turner Broadcasting (career field: PR/Communications/Media) Location: New York, NY. Shadowing Description: TBD. Available Date(s): Jan. 12, Jan. 13, Jan. 14, Jan. 15, Jan. 16
- Brendan Ripp ’99 – VP & Publisher, Sports Illustrated, Time Inc.(career field: PR/Communications/Media) Location: New York, NY. Shadowing Description: Observe Publisher in meetings. Available Date(s): Jan. 15
- Cynthia Salisbury ’84, P’15 – Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, Polytek Development Corporation (career field: Arts/Music, Environment, PR/Communications/Media) Location: Easton, PA. Shadowing Description: Choose one: Environmental, health and safety regulatory compliance; Social media marketing; Mold making and casting. U.S. Citizenship required. Available Date(s): Jan. 8, Jan. 13, Jan. 14, Jan. 15
- Kathleen Shaffer '05 - Vice President, Public Relations Director, MGH (career field: Public Relations and Advertising) Location: Owings Mills, MD. Shadowing Description: MGH is a full-service advertising agency located outside of Baltimore. We are one of Baltimore's biggest agencies and the most well-known. Our clients include Ocean City Maryland, OLD BAY and McCormick to name a few. The student would shadow in the PR department learning media relations, creation of media documents, press conference coordination, etc. For more information visit www.mghus.com. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Kelly Alsedek '70 - Retired - Communications & Marketing Department, Lebanon Valley College (career field: Higher Education, Communications/Marketing) Dinner Location: Gettysburg, PA
- William (Skip) Atwater P'14 - Business Consultant, Hewlett Packard (career field: Global Communications/Cloud-based Technology/Change management/Marketing) and Katherine Atwater P'14 - 4th Grade School Teacher, Roberge School (career field: Education) Dinner Location: Allendale, NJ
- Steve Cloetingh '81 - VP Strategic Business Development, Assurant (career field: wireless) Dinner Location: King of Prussia, PA
- Anne Engel P'16 - Marketing Consultant at PepsiCo, Self employed (career field: Marketing - spent 10 years in brand management at Pepsi-Cola and was a SVP at a promotion agency) and Mark Engel P '16 CEO, Rosco (International company in the theatrical/film lighting business) Dinner Location: Stamford, CT
- Eric Handler '86 - Vice President, Communications, YES Network (career field: Sports Entertainment, Communications) Dinner Location: New York, NY RESUME REQUIRED – please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janet Harris P’17 – Global Marketing & Digital Partnerships Strategy (career field: Digital Marketing/Social Media/Business Management & Strategy – Domestic & International – NY Business Environment) Dinner Location: Westford, MA (potential to host in Boston if more convenient for students)
- Ray Hopkins '87 - President, Television Networks Distribution, CBS Corporation (career field: Communications/Sports Entertainment (Former COO at YES Network)) Dinner Location: New York, NY DINNER DATE: January 15. RESUME REQUIRED – please submit to email@example.com
- Elizabeth Krueger '11 - Supervisor, Vanguard and MBA Student at St. Joseph’s University, Allison Barrett '12 – Account Executive, DiD, Jordan Monts '12 - Outpatient Psychotherapist at Resources for Human Development Mastery Charter School Program, and possibly Matthew Moyer'12 - Health Safety and Environmental Specialist at Shire (career fields: Finance/Investment, Business, Advertising, Social Work, Environment). Dinner Location: Manayunk, PA DINNER DATE: Tuesday, January 6
- Greg Pinchbeck '90 - Global Head of Resiliency, Citigroup (career field: Business/Sales, Information Technology, Communications/Media); and Jeff Franchetti '90 - CIO at Cravath, Swaine, & Moore (career field: Law) Dinner Location: Manhatten, NY.
- Jim Renner ‘91 – Vice President – Global Water, Wastewater & Desalination, Victaulic Company (career field: Business/Sales, PR/Communications/Media) Dinner Location: King of Prussia, PA (can be anywhere within 15 minutes of Collegeville, Skippack, Phoenixville).
- Charlie Scott '77, P'09, '12 - Principal/Owner, CTS Consulting Group, LLC (career field: Management Consulting), Katherine Scott '09, Technology Advisor (Sales Rep) at Evolve IP; Kristi Saegar '09, Talent Acquisition Specialist at McGladrey (Accounting & Consulting); and Ali Dolaway '09, Buying Operations Coordinator (career field: Marketing) Dinner Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Liz Williams ’13 – Donor Recognition Specialist, Carnegie Mellon University (former Marketing Coordinator for non-profit); Leslie Przybylek ’88 – Curator of History, Senator John Heinz History Center; Sierra Green ’11, Archivist, Senator John Heinz History Center; Caleb Muller, Systems Analyst at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (career fields: Higher Education/Development, Marketing, Library/Museums, Computer/Information Technology) *Possibility of other alumni joining. Dinner Location: Pittsburgh, PA
You can browse the entire list of opportunities by Location. You can also browse opportunities by category. You can easily search through the opportunities by hitting CTRL+F to bring up a search box in your web browser or PDF.
Arts/Music - Business/Sales/Insurance – Consulting – Education – Entrepreneur - Event Planning - Finance/Investment – Government - Higher Education/Development - Human Resources - Information Technology/Computer – Law - Library/Museum - Medicine/Healthcare - Non-Profit/Public Policy - Public Relations/Communications (Media, Advertising, Marketing) - Sciences/Research - Social Work - Sports Management/Industry –Other