You can apply for opportunities through our online applications.
Applications are due by November 2 by 11:59 p.m.
Not sure if you want to apply?
See what students have to say about their experience. Students Comments on the value of Job Shadowing and Career Networking Dinners. Want to learn more about Career Networking Dinners? See our blog post "Demystifying Career Networking Dinners".
- Gabby Garncarz ’05 – Language Arts Teacher, Berlin Public Schools –McGee Middle School (career field: Education). Location: Berlin, CT. Shadowing Description: I am both a classroom teacher and team leader. Student shadows will experience a workshop environment in eighth grade reading and writing classes. Shadows should anticipate opportunities to participate in lessons and to take advantage of chances to interact with middle school students. Shadows will also observe team and/or department meetings, meet support staff, and have the opportunity to ask questions and make suggestions . Education is a two-way street, and Gettysburg College students have so much to offer! Available Date(s): Jan. 7-15
- Greg & Marybeth Kirsopp P’17 – Production Stage Manager, Wicked (Broadway Theatrical Management) (career field: Arts/Music) Location: New York, NY. Shadowing Description: Spend an evening backstage with the stage managers of the Broadway musical, Wicked. Learn about stage managing of a commercial Broadway production. This opportunity is specifically geared for those interested in the technical side of theater. (Not performance). Shadow opportunity is in the evening. Available Date(s): Jan. 6-9, 13-16
- Cynthia Salisbury ’84, P’15 – Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, Polytek Development Corporation (career field: Arts/Music, Environment, PR/Communications/Media) Location: Easton, PA. Shadowing Description: Choose one: Environmental, health and safety regulatory compliance; Social media marketing; Mold making and casting. U.S. Citizenship required. Available Date(s): Jan. 8, Jan. 13, Jan. 14, Jan. 15
- Anne Engel P'16 - Marketing Consultant at PepsiCo, Self employed (career field: Marketing - spent 10 years in brand management at Pepsi-Cola and was a SVP at a promotion agency) and Mark Engel P '16 CEO, Rosco (International company in the theatrical/film lighting business) Dinner Location: Stamford, CT
- Greg Islan ’70 – Self-employed: Family Records, LLC (career field: Consulting) Dinner Location: Greenwich/Stamford, CT area
- Jean Rodenberger '89 - Editor in Chief, F. A. Davis Company and Melanie Cann ‘89, Publishing/Content Provider, Staywell Publishing (career field: Publishing - Content Provider, Course acquisition and Development) Dinner Location: Philadelphia, PA
You can browse the entire list of opportunities by Location. You can also browse opportunities by category. You can easily search through the opportunities by hitting CTRL+F to bring up a search box in your web browser or PDF.
Arts/Music - Business/Sales/Insurance – Consulting – Education – Entrepreneur - Event Planning - Finance/Investment – Government - Higher Education/Development - Human Resources - Information Technology/Computer – Law - Library/Museum - Medicine/Healthcare - Non-Profit/Public Policy - Public Relations/Communications (Media, Advertising, Marketing) - Sciences/Research - Social Work - Sports Management/Industry –Other