BECOME A PART OF THE LEADERSHIP TEAM
The Leadership Team is an integral part of the success of the Campus Kitchen. The LT provides students with the opportunity to take on a position of higher responsibility and leadership in the day-to-day operations of the Campus Kitchen at Gettysburg College. Students will take an active role in everyday activities, as well as in the growth and continuation of the Campus Kitchen.
Leadership Team Positions:
- Shift Leader (2): Become ServSafe Certified to lead kitchen shifts 2-4 times per month including meal planning, meal preparation, directing and educating volunteers in the kitchen and delivering and serving hot meals when appropriate.
- Social Media and Publicity Chair: Promote a positive image of CKGC by creating an active community on social media platforms; advertise special events and help recruit volunteers for the kitchen, donation pickups and meal deliveries.
- Education and Nutrition Chair (2): Lead educational programs such as Food, Land, People, and help to expand our nutritional education programs for youth and senior citizens.
- Fundraising and Event Chair: Help organize and run CKGC fundraisers, food drives and events.
- Donor Relations Chair: Secure new food donors by cultivating new relationships with community restaurants, kitchens and convenience stores to help increase meal capacity. Strengthen current partnerships by providing timely communications.
VOLUNTEER FOR A KITCHEN SHIFT