ATTIC OPERATIONAL PROCEDURES
- The student/group completes a request on the R25 web system.
- The Assistant Director Director of Student Activities, Scheduling Coordinator, and College Life Technical Coordinator review the application based on a number of factors.
- The Scheduling Coordinator will inform student/group about status of application.
- On receipt of their letter of event approval, the student/group begins planning for their event.
- The Assistant Director of Student Activities or Attic Student Coordinator will be in contact with student/group to schedule a meeting at least two weeks prior to the scheduled event to discuss details and sign the Host Responsibility Agreement.
- Event Confirmation and Summary is sent to the host.
Suggestions for Staffing an Event:
Sponsors (point person required at all times)
Food: 1 volunteer
Furniture: 2-4 volunteers
Decorations: 2 volunteers
Check in/out: 2 volunteers
Roaming security/food: 3 volunteers
- Arriving students will need to provide valid Gettysburg College ID.
- Students wishing to consume alcohol (BYOB and Host Provider events only):
- must be verified by the Over 21 Listing.
- must have a wristband placed on them by a TIPS server.
- will be allowed 3 alcoholic beverages over a 4 hour period.*
- must allow TIPS server to remove 1 wristband tab for each alcoholic beverage consumed.
- will be denied alcoholic beverages if intoxicated.
- Non-alcoholic beverages should always be available.
- Events where alcohol is served must provide a variety of food, including non-salty snacks.
* 1 beverage = 12 oz. beer or 9 oz. wine