President: Ned Hughes
Vice President: Kaitlyn Helmstetter
Treasurer: Brianna Eagen
Secretary: Zoe Riecker
Greek Week Chair: Jordan Stefanacci
Awards Chair: Kate Hegwood
The National Greek Honor Fraternity, the Iota Chapter of Order of Omega at Gettysburg College was chartered in October 1991. The purpose and principles of the Order of Omega are:
- To recognize those students who have attained a high standard of leadership in inter-Greek activities, to encourage them to continue along this line, and to inspire others to strive for similar attainment
- To bring together the most representative fraternity and sorority individuals and to create an organization that will help mold the sentiment of the institution on questions of local and intercollegiate affairs
- To bring together members of faculty, alumni, and student members of the institution's fraternities and sororities on a basis of mutual interest, understanding, and helpfulness
The qualifications for membership in the Order of Omega are character, scholarship, and intelligence, service, and leadership in the inter-Greek affairs of Gettysburg College.
To be eligible for membership in the Order of Omega, a student must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Current junior or senior standing
- GPA minimum of 3.19
- Be in good standing with a Greek Organization
Order of Omega Awards
The Order of Omega is a leadership honor society for members of Greek organizations. Order of Omega recognizes exemplification of high standards in areas of scholarship, leadership, involvement within fraternities and sororities, and within the Greek, campus and local communities.
Every year the Gettysburg College chapter of Order of Omega sponsors an awards banquet and selection process each spring designed to recognize these same qualities of both members and organizations from the current academic year. Below is a list of the awards that will be offered at the 2017 Order of Omega Awards Banquet. The below applications will go live in the second half of the spring semester.
The following awards will be given this year but do not require a nomination form. The Order of Omega Greek Honors Society in collaboration with the Office of Student Activities & Greek Life will decide which chapter(s) will receive each award.
Chapter of the Year*
Most Improved Chapter*
Highest GPA, Spring 2017*
Highest GPA, Fall 2017*
Highest New Member GPA, Fall 2017*
*indicates that this award is given out to one fraternity and one sorority