Early Arrival - Fall 2013
All residence halls for upperclass students will open at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 24, 2013. Check-in and key pick-up will occur in CUB 250 on Saturday, August 24, 2013, 8:00 a.m. through 6:00 p.m. Check-in and key pick-up will continue on Sunday, August 25, 2013, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
REMINDER!!! ALL students will be required to show their student ID when checking in and picking up their room key(s).
Some upperclass students will need to be on campus before August 24, 2013; this is considered an early arrival. Please review the information below in order to plan travel back to campus in a manner that makes it possible for to access your room when you arrive.
First-year student move-in is scheduled for Wednesday, August 21, 2013. First-year students may arrive on campus early only if they are part of a group approved for early arrival (athletic team, band, etc.).
IMPORTANT: All upperclass students must complete the Upperclass Dashboard in the Student Center prior to their return to campus in August. Students requesting an early arrival will not be eligible to apply for early arrival until they complete the Upperclass Dashboard.
Group Early Arrivals
Gettysburg College and its staff is committed to providing on campus housing for student groups needing to arrive on campus early either because of external requirements of the program (e.g. NCAA Athletics) or due to the inherent needs of the program (e.g. Orientation).
If you are a member of an organization/group arriving early (athletic team, band, etc.) you should not submit an individual request for early arrival. The department hosting you will submit your name to Residence Life.
Upperclass Individual Early Arrivals and Fee Schedule
Individual requests will be accepted beginning at noon on Monday, July 22, 2013, and must be submitted by Sunday, August 11, 2013. Student requests should be submitted using CNAV/MyHousing (see section below for more details). Once your request is submitted, the request will be reviewed and you will be contacted via email of your approval status.
Please keep in mind that meal plans do not start until Saturday, August 24, 2013. It is also important to know that in the weeks before the halls officially open on August 24, 2013, Facilities Services, IT, Residence Life, and many other departments are converting all campus rooms from summer conference spaces to academic year spaces. As a result, there is a great deal of work done to attend to the early arrival requests while simultaneously preparing the campus for the opening of the new academic year. For this reason you will notice that there are fees assessed if you return early. We also ask that students be patient and considerate with departments as they assist with early arrival needs while also preparing their staffs for the beginning of the academic year. Early to mid August is a time when there are many staff trainings taking place and a great deal of transition from summer programs and conferences to academic year programs.
Upperclass Early Arrival Guidelines
- If you arrive on campus prior to Saturday, August 24 without being approved for early arrival you will be assessed a $150 fee.
- There is a $50 fee for arriving early or dropping off personal items. (Requests must be submitted by Sunday, August 11, 2013)
- Requests made after Sunday, August 11, 2013, will be assessed a $100 fee.
- Requests to arrive earlier than Saturday, August 17, 2013, will not be honored.
- Early arrival requests must be made for arrival within the dates and timelines set below:
- Saturday, August 17: 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday, August 18: 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Monday, August 19 and Tuesday, August 20: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed noon-1:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday, August 21 - No Early Arrivals - First-Year Student Check-in Only
- Thursday, August 22 and Friday, August 23: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed noon-1:00 p.m.)
Submitting a request for Early Arrival
- Log on to CNAV MyHousing (https://cnav.gettysburg.edu/)
- Click the "Login" button under "Apply Online"
- Choose "Early Arrival Request (Fall 2013)" and click next
- Read all information on the Housing Agreement page and click the "I Agree" button
- Click "Continue with Application" on the Application Payment screen
- Type in requested early arrival date from dropdown menu
- Enter reason for request (50 characters or less), click on "Complete Application"
Once request is submitted, your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted via email of your approval status.
Contact the Office of Residence Life at 717-337-6901.