- How to Access
- Setting up an Authorized Payer
- How to Access
Making a Payment
- Email changes
- Forgot your Password?
Student Health Insurance
- How to Decline the Student Health Insurance
- How to Enroll in the Student Health Insurance
- Receiving Credit When Declining the Student Health Insurance
- Student Account Billing Statements and Due Dates
- Payment Dates for the Semester Bill
- Online Billing Statement
- Payment Types
- Credit Balances
- Withdrawal and Leave of Absence Refund Policy
- Refunds for Tuition, Room and Board
- Involuntary Withdrawal
- Tuition Refund Insurance
- Student Financial Responsibility
- Enrollment Deposit
- Pre-Registration Requirements
- 1098T Information
- Email Policy
Accessing GBURG Billing
It is suggested that Students set up a parent/guardian as an Authorized Payer in GBURG Billing so the parent/guardian may view the billing statement or make payments to the student's account.
How to Access GBURG Billing as a Student -*Please Note: Apple Users - please use either Chrome or Firefox as the browser. Safari is not supported at this time.
- Log into the Student Center using the Gettysburg College student login and password
- Click on the Self Service link
- Then click on Campus Finances
- Click on "View Bill /Make a Payment"
- Then GBURG Billing
Setting up an Authorized Payer
- Click on "Add New" under Authorized Payers
- Enter the name of the Payer, this will become their Login Name.
- Enter the email address, add an optional note, Click "Okay at the bottom
- The Authorized Payer will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org letting him/her know that he/she is set up as an Authorized Payer for the student
- A link to the online account will be included in the email message along with the login name and password for the Authorized Payer
- Upon logging in with the assigned password - the Authorized Payer will be prompted to change his/her password before being permitted to continue - this is for security purposes
- The Authorized Payer will also be prompted to complete a security question in order to continue
- The Authorized Payer may then view the student account statement and any historical statements
- The Authorized Payer may view the outstanding account balance and any transactions on the account that have not yet been billed
- The Authorized Payer may see the historical payments made to the student account
- The Authorized Payer only has access to view payment detail about payments he/she made to the student account, other payment detail may not be viewed by the Authorized payer
- The Authorized Payer may make payments on the student account and save his/her own payment profiles. The student or any other authorized payer do not have access to these payment profiles.
- The Authorized Payer may elect to set up text messaging to receive text message notices when the monthly billing statement is available.
Parent/Guardian/Authorized Payer Accessing GBURG Billing
Once established by the student in GBURG Billing, parents/guardians will have access to the Student Account Billing Statements and the ability to make online payments to the account.
Link to Authorized Payer Site: https://commerce.cashnet.com/gettysburgpay?LT=P=
How to Access GBURG Billing as an Authorized Payer
- Authorized Payers will receive an email from email@example.com letting them know that their student has set them up in GBURG Billing as an Authorized Payer
- The Authorized Payer will receive the login name and system assigned password
- Click on the link in the e-mail to be directed to the secure site to log into the GBURG Billing - the user name and password included in the e-mail will be necessary to access the system
- Enter the log in name and password - NOTE: Name and Password are case sensitive
- A prompt will request a change to the system issued password (passwords are case sensitive)
- A prompt will request a security question to be chosen and answered
Viewing the Billing Statement - Students/Parent/Guardian/Authorized Payer
- After clicking on GBURG Billing and opening the dashboard
- Under the "Account Information" heading will be a summary of the current balance, any pending financial aid, and the current balance due on the account
- View detailed transaction information that occurred after the most recent billing statement by clicking on "View unbilled transactions not included in the current billing statement."
- View the most recent billing statement by clicking on the link under the "Billing Information" banner
- View and print the statement from this window by clicking on the "View" link and opening the statement
- To view past statements, click on the "Statement History" link; choose the statement you wish to view by clicking on the magnifying glass next to the statement
Making a Payment - Students/Parent/Guardian/Authorized Payer
Any payment made to the student account via GBURG Billing must be initiated by the student or an Authorized Payer. Payments are not automatic. At no time will setting up and saving a payment profile trigger a payment to be automatically processed from your savings account, checking account or your credit card.
- After accessing GBURG Billing, click on the link "Click here to make a payment"
- Enter in the amount of the payment in the box under "Payment Amount" or leave it as is if making a full payment
- Click on "Checkout"
- Choose the method of payment - click on "Continue to Checkout"
Please note: Credit card usage is limited to VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. There will be a convenience fee of 2.75% added to each credit card payment when using this service. This fee is not associated with or passed on to Gettysburg College.
- If "Credit Card" is the selected method of payment, a screen explaining the additional charge will appear and acknowledgement of the additional charge will be requested before proceeding to "Continue to Checkout"
- Enter all of the information requested on the following page.
- If you have selected eCheck Payment and you are unsure of the routing number or account number of your checking or savings account you may click on the information link to locate this information on a personal check.
Please Note: Money Market and Investment Account payments are sometimes processed differently and not able to be used to make echeck payments - please check with your financial institution before entering electronic payment information.
- To save this information in a payment profile for future use, give the profile a name, click "Continue Checkout" - or just click "Continue Checkout" without saving the payment profile information
- The next screen will ask for a confirmation of the payment information and the amount of the payment - for credit card payments there will be a Payment amount listed and a "Convenience Fee" amount listed then the Total Amount of the transaction
- If all of the payment information listed is correct, click on "Confirm" - a "Payment Processing" notification will appear.
- Once the payment is processed a "Payment Receipt" page will appear - to print this page click on the "Print" option
- A receipt will also be emailed to the authorized payer's email address
- The payment is posted to the student account immediately after it is processed.
- To view the payment on the student account click on "Account Information" in the top menu bar - the payment will appear in the window and the current balance will be reduced by the amount of the payment
Please Note: There will be a $35.00 return check fee charge added to the Student Account for any returned electronic payment.
Changing your Primary E-mail Address or Adding a Secondary E-mail Address
- Under "Additional Notification Options" choose "Change" and enter a new email address
- To receive text message notifications, choose "Text Message Alert Setup" and follow the prompts to enter a cellphone number
Forgot your Password?
- To reset a password, click on "Forgot Password" link on the login page
- Enter the Login name
- A prompt will appear to enter the login name or email address and a request for the answer to the security question
- A temporary password will be assigned by the system and emailed
Students may allow Guest Payers to make payments on their accounts.
- The "Guest Payer" will access the Guest Payer link below. The payer will need to know the student's Gettysburg ID number and first and last name https://commerce.cashnet.com/GuestPayer
- The "Guest Payer" will have no access to view statements or other payment information. Access will be limited to entering an amount to pay and then to continue to process the payment with an echeck.
Gettysburg College offers interest-free 12 or 10 month payment plans through Tuition Management Systems (TMS) for those who wish to make installment payments. The nonrefundable enrollment fee of $60 and the first installment payment are due at the time of enrollment in the plan. The 12 month plan begins on April 1st and ends on March 1st. The 10 month plan begins on June 1st and ends on March 1st.
Payment plan payments are due to TMS by the 1st of each month. A late fee of $75.00 is charged if a payment is not received by TMS by the due date. Accounts that are two months past due are canceled by TMS at the request of the College.
Please note: TMS does not prepay the payment plan amount to Gettysburg College. Payments made to TMS are forwarded to the College at the end of each month.
One half of the payment plan amount is applied to the student's account at the beginning of each semester. If adjustments are made to the payment plan or the payment plan is canceled, the student account invoice will reflect the changes.
For assistance in determining the payment plan amount needed to cover the student account balance due for the year or other payment options, please contact the Student Accounts Office at 717-337-6220 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may enroll at www.afford.com/gettysburg or by contacting Tuition Management Systems at 1-888-713-7234.
Student Health Insurance
Health insurance is required for all students.
All students are charged for the student health insurance plan on the June tuition bill each academic year.
Students will receive a credit on their billing statement for this charge if the student provides coverage information for a private health insurance plan. This process must be completed online every year by the student.
Declining the student health insurance plan
If your student will be covered by a private health insurance option during the academic year, your student must enter plan information in their Student Dashboard under Health Insurance.
Enrolling in the student health insurance plan
If your student would like to enroll in the student health insurance option, they must select Student Health Insurance in their Student Dashboard under Health Insurance.
The deadline for students to enroll in the student health insurance option is June 15 for first-year students and the first business day in August for sophomores through seniors.
If your student does not respond
If your student has not completed the Health Insurance portion of the Student Dashboard by August 1, your student will automatically be enrolled in the student health insurance option.
Credits are applied weekly through August for those students who decline coverage.
If you have questions, please contact Gettysburg College Human Resources at (717) 337-6069 or by email at Student_Health_Insurance@gettysburg.edu.
About the Student Account
Student Account Billing Statements and Due Dates
Student Account Billing Statements for semester charges will be available online by the first week of July for the Fall Semester and during the first week of December for the Spring Semester. An e-mail notification will be sent to each student and any student designated authorized payer when the student account statement is available. Financial Aid will appear as "anticipated aid" until approximately 2 weeks after the start of the semester or until loan funds and outside award funds are received.
Payment Dates for the Semester Bill are as follows:
Fall Semester August - 1st business day
Spring Semester January - 1st business day
Online Billing Statement
Monthly student account billing statements will be accessible online each month by the 5th business day of the month. An e-mail notification will be sent to each student and any student designated authorized payer when the monthly student account statement is available. The monthly statement will include any balance due from the prior month and any activity that has occurred on the account during the month. The amount due each month should be paid, in US dollars, no later than the due date on the statement. Unpaid balances are subject to a penalty charge at the rate of 1% per month.
Students may designate a parent, guardian, or other individual to be an authorized payer in the online billing system by following the authorized payer set up instructions. Once established the authorized payer will have access to the monthly billing statement and current student account activity.
Students and their families may make payments electronically from a personal checking or savings account (without a convenience fee) or via credit card* (with a convenience fee).
*Please Note: Credit card usage is limited to VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. There will be a convenience fee of 2.75% added to each credit card payment when using this service. This fee is not associated with or passed on to Gettysburg College.
Payment may also be made in the form of cash, personal check, cashier's check, certified check, or money order. Checks should be made payable to Gettysburg College and should include the student's ID number to ensure proper credit to the student account. Checks should be mailed to Gettysburg College, Financial Services Office, Campus Box 437, 300 North Washington Street, Gettysburg, PA 17325. Please note: A $35 charge will be assessed for all returned checks and returned online ACH payments.
Other payment types include Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loans, Federal Direct Subsidized Stafford Loans, Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loans, Alternative Loans, Payment Plan, or any combination thereof. Please contact the Financial Aid Office to discuss loan options. Please note: All Financial Aid forms must be completed to determine eligibility for Federal, State or Gettysburg College Grants or Loans.
Credit balances will be applied to next semester unless a specific request is made for a refund to email@example.com.
Withdrawal and Leave of Absence Refund Policy
A Student must notify the Office of Academic Advising in writing that he/she intends to withdraw or request a leave of absence from Gettysburg College. (Please see the withdrawal and leave of absence policy.)]
Students receiving financial assistance may have a portion of their original award returned to the programs as required by federal regulation and the Gettysburg College refund policy, thus creating a balance due to the College. For this reason, students who are contemplating withdrawing, during a term of enrollment, are strongly encouraged to meet with the Student Accounts Office and Financial Aid Office prior to leaving the College.
Financial aid recipients who leave the College during a term will have their Title IV aid recalculated according to the federal refund requirements, which state:"Up through the 60% point in each payment period or period of enrollment, a pro rata schedule is used to determine the amount of Title IV funds the student has earned at the time of withdrawal. After the 60% point in the payment period or period of enrollment, a student has earned 100% of the Title IV funds he or she was scheduled to receive during that period." (FSA Handbook: Award Year 2016-2017, Volume 5, Chapter 1, pp. 5-3.)
Title IV funds include and will be returned in the following order: Unsubsidized Direct Stafford Loans, Subsidized Direct Stafford Loans, Federal Perkins Loans, Direct PLUS Loans, Federal Pell Grants, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG) and Other Title IV Grant Funds. (FSA Handbook: Award Year 2016-2017, Volume 5, Chapter 1, pp. 5-98.) See attached Treatment of Title IV Funds Worksheet.
Refunds for Tuition, Room and Board will be calculated as follows:
100 percent if notice is received by the end of drop/add.
80 percent if notice is received by the end of the third week of classes
50 percent if notice is received by the end of the fourth week of classes
25 percent if notice is received by the end of the sixth week of classes.
No refund will be calculated for tuition after the end of the sixth week of classes.
Reduction of financial aid obligations and advances will receive priority in the payment of refunds. Any unused enrollment deposit balance will be refunded approximately two to four weeks after the student's graduation or withdrawal.
Exceptions to the stated refund policy for room and meals may be granted for leaves due to medically necessity or academic dismissal.
Required Withdrawal for Disciplinary Reasons (Involuntary Withdrawal)
A student who is required to withdraw, after the stated refund period, for disciplinary reasons will forfeit all fees which he or she has paid.
Tuition Refund Insurance
Optional Tuition Refund Insurance is available through A.W. G. Dewar, Inc. This insurance supplements the College refund policy for a student who withdraws as a result of a serious illness or accident to provide coverage for comprehensive fee charges.
A brochure outlining the cost and coverage is mailed by Dewar, prior to the start of the Fall semester each year. Payment must be made to Dewar prior to the start of the semester in order for coverage to be in effect. More information and enrollment access is available at www.collegerefund.com.
Student Financial Responsibility
By registering for classes at Gettysburg College, students agree that they are financially responsible for all charges related to their course registration, meal plan, housing, and other related fees. Students may choose to enroll in extracurricular programs or participate in other related activities that require a fee for participation. In addition, students may also incur fines, penalties or damage fees, which may be processed through the student account.
Students are to complete payment of their tuition and fees by the due dates on the billing statements to maintain active enrollment status and their ability to register for courses for future semesters.
Delinquent accounts are subject to a penalty charge of 1% per month.
Gettysburg College policy provides for the withholding of all credits, educational services, and issuance of transcripts and certification of academic records from any person whose financial obligations to the College (including delinquent accounts, deferred balances and liability for damage) are due and unpaid. If any overdue obligation is referred for either College internal collection efforts or an outside agency or attorney for collection efforts and/or legal suit, the debt shall be increased to cover all reasonable collection fees allowed by State and Federal law, which may be based on a percentage at a maximum of 33% of the debt, associated with the collection of payment, including, but not limited to, collection agency fees, attorney fees and court costs.
By providing a cellphone number or wireless device information to Gettysburg College, students authorize Gettysburg College, the Department of Education, Collection Agencies, the Perkins and College loan servicer and their respective agents and contractors to contact them, at the current or any future number that is provided, using automatic telephone dialing equipment or artificial or pre-recorded voice or text messages, regarding their student account balance and/or any loan(s) including the payment of their student account balance or the repayment of their loan(s) to Gettysburg College.
Additional Student Account Information
A $500 enrollment deposit is payable by all students prior to enrollment or readmission following a withdrawal. This non-interest bearing deposit remains with the College for the duration of a student's enrollment. An enrollment deposit is generally refundable when the student graduates or withdraws. The following circumstances are exceptions:
- Unpaid charges at the time of graduation or withdrawal will be deducted from the enrollment deposit prior to refund.
- The deposit is forfeited if a student, who pre-registered for classes for the upcoming academic year, withdraws subsequent to June 1.
- The deposit is forfeited if a first-year student withdraws prior to the start of the academic year.
An outstanding student account balance may delay the student's pre-registration in November for the upcoming Spring semester or in April for the upcoming school year.
Gettysburg College is required to provide you with a 1098T form if your student was enrolled at least part-time for academic credit in order for you to be eligible to claim either the Lifetime Learning Credit or the American Opportunity Credit on your federal tax return. These forms will be mailed each January by the last business day of the month.
Students may receive their 1098T online by granting consent for online forms. Students may also access the 1098T online via the Student Center as follows: Self Service>Finances>View 1098T
Gettysburg College reports in box 2 of the 1098T form amounts billed during the calendar year, January 1st thru December 31st for qualified tuition and related expenses. The amount reported to you is the total amount billed (less any reductions in those charges).
Qualified tuition and related expenses are tuition and mandatory fees a student must pay to be enrolled at or attend an eligible educational institution.
The following are not considered qualified tuition and related expenses per the IRS guidelines:
- Amounts paid for any course or other education involving sports, games, or hobbies unless the course or other education is part of the student's degree program or is taken to acquire or improve job skills.
- Charges and fees for room, board, insurance, transportation, and similar personal, living, or family expenses.
Additional information on educational tax credits and Form 1098T may be available through your tax accountant or by referring to the information located at http://www.irs.gov/publications/p970/index.html.
The Email Policy is located in the Student Handbook on page 70.