- How to Access
- Setting up an Authorized Payer
- How to Access
Making a Payment
- Email changes
- Forgot your Password?
Student Health Insurance
- How to Decline the Student Health Insurance
- How to Enroll in the Student Health Insurance
- Receiving Credit When Declining the Student Health Insurance
- Student Account Billing Statements and Due Dates
- Payment Dates for the Semester Bill
- Online Billing Statement
- Payment Types
- Credit Balances
- Withdrawal and Leave of Absence Refund Policy
- Refunds for Tuition, Room and Board
- Involuntary Withdrawal
- Tuition Refund Insurance
- Student Financial Responsibility
- Enrollment Deposit
- Pre-Registration Requirements
- 1098T Information
- Email Policy
Students must set up a parent/guardian as an Authorized Payer in order for the parent/guardian to view the billing statement or make payments to the student's account.
How to Access QuikPAY® Online System as a Student
- Click on the QuikPAY® link in the e-mail notification sent to the student's Gettysburg College e-mail account
- Log in by using your Gettysburg College Student login and password.
- Log into the Student Center using your Gettysburg College student login and password
- Click on the Self Service link
- Then click on Campus Finances
- Click on "View Bill /Make a Payment"
- Then "QuikPAY® System"
Setting up an Authorized Payer
- Click on "Authorize Payers"
- Click "Add New" on the right hand side of the page
- Enter the name of the Payer, the Login Name, the password (at least 8 characters long, with at least 2 numbers and 2 letter), and the e-mail address, click Add
- A screen will appear indicating the name of the payer who was added
- The Authorized Payer will receive an e-mail from Gettysburg QuikPAY® letting him/her know that he/she is set up as an Authorized Payer for the student and that he/she must contact the student for the password in order to log into the QuikPAY® system via the link included in the e-mail
- Upon logging in with the assigned password - the Authorized Payer will be prompted to change his/her password before being permitted to continue - this is for security purposes and so the student cannot make payments using the Authorized Payer's information
- The Authorized Payer may then view the student account statement and any historical statements
- The Authorized Payer may view the outstanding Account Balance
- The Authorized Payer may see the historical payments made to the Student Account
- The Authorized Payer only has access to view payment detail about payments he/she made to the student account, other payment detail may not be viewed by the Authorized payer
- The Authorized Payer may make payments on the student account and save his/her own payment profiles the student or any other authorized payer do not have access to these payment profiles
Parent/Guardian/Authorized Payer Accessing Quickpay
In order to receive access to the online Student Account Billing Statement and Online Payment option your student must set you up as an Authorized Payer.
Link to Authorized Payer Site: https://quikpayasp.com/gettysburg/
How to Access QuikPAY® System as an Authorized Payer
- Authorized Payers will receive an email from the Gettysburg College QuikPAY® system letting them know their student has set them up in the system as an Authorized Payer
- The Authorized Payer will receive the password that he/she is assigned from the student
- Click on the link in the e-mail to be directed to the secure site to log into the QuikPAY® system - you will need the user name - included in the e-mail - and the password you received from your student
- Enter the log in name and password - NOTE: Name and Password are case sensitive
- You will be directed to a site to reenter your login name and assigned password - you will be prompted to change your password - (passwords are case sensitive and must be 8 characters and must include 2 numbers and 2 letters)
Please Note: If you have difficulty with the password, the student may have to delete the authorized payer and re-enter him/her.
Viewing the Billing Statement - Students/Parent/Guardian/Authorized Payer
- After clicking on "QuikPAY® System"
- Click on "View Accounts" on the left menu column on your screen
- Click on "Current Statement"
- You may print the statement from this window by clicking on the "Printable Statement Link"
- To view past statements, click on the "Statement History" link; choose the statement you wish to view by clicking on the magnifying glass next to the statement
Making a Payment - Students/Parent/Guardian/Authorized Payer
Any payment made to the student account via the QuikPAY® system must be initiated by the student or an Authorized Payer. Payments are not automatic. At no time will setting up and saving a payment profile trigger a payment to be automatically processed from your savings account, checking account or your credit card.
- After clicking on "QuikPAY® System", click on "Make Payment", this will bring up a window that has the payment options
- Enter in the box next to "Payment Amount" the amount you wish to pay
- Tab down or click in the "Payment Method" box and choose the method you wish to use to make the payment - click on "Continue"
Please note: Credit card usage is limited to MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. There will be a convenience fee of 2.75% added to each credit card payment when using this service. This fee is not associated with or passed on to Gettysburg College.
- Enter all of the information requested on the following page. (If you are unsure of the routing number or account number of your checking or savings account you may click on the "?" so you can locate this information on your personal check.
Please Note: Many times, Money Market and Investment Account payments are processed differently - please check with your financial institution before entering electronic payment information.)
- If you wish to save this information in a payment profile for future use, give the profile a name, click in the "Save Profile" box and click "Continue" - If you do not wish to save this information, just click "Continue"
- The next screen will ask you to confirm the payment information and the amount of the payment - for credit card payments there will be a Payment amount listed and a Service Charge amount listed then the Total Amount of the transaction listed
- If all of the payment information listed is correct, click on "Confirm" - a "Payment Processing" notification will appear.
- Once the payment is processed a "Payment Receipt" page will appear - you may print this page by clicking on the "Print" option
- The payment is posted to the student account immediately after it is processed. You may view the payment on the student account by clicking on "View Accounts" and then "Account Status" - the payment will appear in the window and the current balance will be reduced by the amount of the payment
Please Note: There will be a $35.00 return check fee charge added to the Student Account for any returned electronic payment.
Changing your Primary E-mail Address or Adding a Secondary E-mail Address
- Click on "User Preferences"
- If you wish to change the e-mail address where you are receiving the billing notifications, click in the "Primary E-mail" box and enter the e-mail address - click "Save"
- If you wish to receive notification of billing statements and payment receipts at an additional e-mail address - Click in the "Secondary E-mail" box and enter another e-mail address - click "Save"
Forgot your Password?
- You may reset your password by clicking on the log in link
- Click on "Forgot My Password"
- Enter your Log in name
- You will be prompted to enter information that can be validated by the system for security purposes
- You will be assigned a temporary password by the system. You will be prompted to change this when you log in
Gettysburg College offers interest-free 12 or 10 month payment plans through Tuition Management Systems (TMS) for those who wish to make installment payments. The nonrefundable enrollment fee of $60 and the first installment payment are due at the time of enrollment in the plan. The 12 month plan begins on April 1st and ends on March 1st. The 10 month plan begins on June 1st and ends on March 1st.
Payment plan payments are due to TMS by the 1st of each month. A late fee of $75.00 is charged if a payment is not received by TMS by the due date. Accounts that are two months past due are canceled by TMS at the request of the College.
Please note: TMS does not prepay the payment plan amount to Gettysburg College. Payments made to TMS are forwarded to the College at the end of each month.
One half of the payment plan amount is applied to the student's account at the beginning of each semester. If adjustments are made to the payment plan or the payment plan is canceled, the student account invoice will reflect the changes.
For assistance in determining the payment plan amount needed to cover the student account balance due for the year or other payment options, please contact the Student Accounts Office at 717-337-6220 or via email at email@example.com.
You may enroll at www.afford.com/gettysburg or by contacting Tuition Management Systems at 1-888-713-7234.
Student Health Insurance
The College requires all students to have adequate health insurance coverage. Student Health Insurance is billed to each student each year on the fall semester billing statement. This coverage is optional for those who already have an existing health insurance plan.
The College will waive the charge for those with an existing health insurance plan upon completion of the proof of health insurance waiver found under the self-service link in the Student Center. A Student Health Insurance waiver gathers proof of insurance coverage and is required to be completed online each year a student is enrolled as a full-time student. The waiver is to be completed prior to September 15th in order to receive a credit for the health insurance charge on the student billing statement.
How to Decline the Student Health Insurance Coverage
The health insurance waiver page may be accessed via the Student Center, Self Service, Campus Personal Information, Student Health Insurance link. To waive out of the Student Health Insurance choose 'Private Insurance' and complete the required fields.
How to Enroll in the Student Health Insurance
The health insurance enrollment page may be accessed via the Student Center, Self Service, Campus Personal Information, Student Health Insurance link. To enroll in the College provided insurance choose 'College Provided' as the option.
Receiving credit when declining the Student Health Insurance
Student health insurance credits are applied weekly through September for those students completing the online form to waive out of the coverage. No credit is available after September 15th.
About the Student Account
Student Account Billing Statements and Due Dates
Student Account Billing Statements for semester charges will be available online by the first week of July for the Fall Semester and during the first week of December for the Spring Semester. An e-mail notification will be sent to each student and any student designated authorized payer when the student account statement is available. Financial Aid will appear as "anticipated aid" until approximately 2 weeks after the start of the semester or until loan funds and outside award funds are received.
Payment Dates for the Semester Bill are as follows:
Fall Semester August - 1st business day
Spring Semester January - 1st business day
Online Billing Statement
Monthly student account billing statements will be accessible online each month by the 5th business day of the month. An e-mail notification will be sent to each student and any student designated authorized payer when the monthly student account statement is available. The monthly statement will include any balance due from the prior month and any activity that has occurred on the account during the month. The amount due each month should be paid, in US dollars, no later than the due date on the statement. Unpaid balances are subject to a penalty charge at the rate of 1% per month.
Students may designate a parent, guardian, or other individual to be an authorized payer in the online billing system by following the authorized payer set up instructions. Once established the authorized payer will have access to the monthly billing statement and current student account activity.
Students and their families may make payments electronically from a personal checking or savings account (without a convenience fee) or via credit card* (with a convenience fee).
*Please Note: Credit card usage is limited to MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. There will be a convenience fee of 2.75% added to each credit card payment when using this service. This fee is not associated with or passed on to Gettysburg College.
Payment may also be made in the form of cash, personal check, cashier's check, certified check, or money order. Checks should be made payable to Gettysburg College and should include the student's ID number to ensure proper credit to the student account. Checks should be mailed to Gettysburg College, Financial Services Office, Campus Box 437, 300 North Washington Street, Gettysburg, PA 17325. Please note: A $35 charge will be assessed for all returned checks and returned online ACH payments.
Other payment types include Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loans, Federal Direct Subsidized Stafford Loans, Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loans, Alternative Loans, Payment Plan, or any combination thereof. Please contact the Financial Aid Office to discuss loan options. Please note: All Financial Aid forms must be completed to determine eligibility for Federal, State or Gettysburg College Grants or Loans.
Credit balances will be applied to next semester unless a specific request is made for a refund to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Withdrawal and Leave of Absence Refund Policy
A Student must notify the Office of Academic Advising in writing that he/she intends to withdraw or request a leave of absence from Gettysburg College. (Please see the withdrawal and leave of absence policy.)]
Students receiving financial assistance may have a portion of their original award returned to the programs as required by federal regulation and the Gettysburg College refund policy, thus creating a balance due to the College. For this reason, students who are contemplating withdrawing, during a term of enrollment, are strongly encouraged to meet with the Student Accounts Office and Financial Aid Office prior to leaving the College.
Financial aid recipients who leave the College during a term will have their Title IV aid recalculated according to the federal refund requirements. These requirements state the following: "If a recipient of Title IV aid withdraws before completing 60 percent of the payment period, (approximately 9 weeks of school) the institution must calculate the amount of Title IV aid the student did not earn. The amount of unearned aid equals the difference between the Title IV aid that was disbursed or could have been disbursed for the payment period and the amount of Title IV aid that was earned. Schools must return the unearned portion of the Title IV funds." (See FSA Handbook: Award Year 2010-2011, Volume 5, Chapter 2, pp. 5-27.)
Title IV funds will be returned in the following order: Unsubsidized Direct Stafford Loans, Subsidized Direct Stafford Loans, Federal Perkins Loans, Direct PLUS Loans, Federal Pell Grants, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG) and Other Title IV Grant Funds.
Refunds for Tuition, Room and Board will be calculated as follows:
100 percent if notice is received by the end of drop/add.
80 percent if notice is received by the end of the third week of classes
50 percent if notice is received by the end of the fourth week of classes
25 percent if notice is received by the end of the sixth week of classes.
No refund will be calculated for tuition after the end of the sixth week of classes.
Reduction of financial aid obligations and advances will receive priority in the payment of refunds. Any unused enrollment deposit balance will be refunded approximately two to four weeks after the student's graduation or withdrawal.
Exceptions to the stated refund policy for room and meals may be granted for leaves due to medically necessity or academic dismissal.
Required Withdrawal for Disciplinary Reasons (Involuntary Withdrawal)
A student who is required to withdraw, after the stated refund period, for disciplinary reasons will forfeit all fees which he or she has paid.
Tuition Refund Insurance
Optional Tuition Refund Insurance is available through A.W. G. Dewar, Inc. This insurance supplements the College refund policy for a student who withdraws as a result of a serious illness or accident to provide coverage for comprehensive fee charges.
A brochure outlining the cost and coverage is mailed by Dewar, prior to the start of the Fall semester each year. Payment must be made to Dewar prior to the start of the semester in order for coverage to be in effect. More information and enrollment access is available at www.collegerefund.com.
Student Financial Responsibility
By registering for classes at Gettysburg College, students agree that they are financially responsible for all charges related to their course registration, meal plan, housing, and other related fees. Students may choose to enroll in extracurricular programs or participate in other related activities that require a fee for participation. In addition, students may also incur fines, penalties or damage fees, which may be processed through the student account.
Students are to complete payment of their tuition and fees by the due dates on the billing statements to maintain active enrollment status and their ability to register for courses for future semesters.
Delinquent accounts are subject to a penalty charge of 1% per month.
Gettysburg College policy provides for the withholding of all credits, educational services, and issuance of transcripts and certification of academic records from any person whose financial obligations to the College (including delinquent accounts, deferred balances and liability for damage) are due and unpaid. If any overdue obligation is referred for either College internal collection efforts or an outside agency or attorney for collection efforts and/or legal suit, the debt shall be increased to cover all reasonable collection fees allowed by State and Federal law, which may be based on a percentage at a maximum of 33% of the debt, associated with the collection of payment, including, but not limited to, collection agency fees, attorney fees and court costs.
By providing a cellphone number or wireless device information to Gettysburg College, students authorize Gettysburg College, the Department of Education, Collection Agencies, the Perkins and College loan servicer and their respective agents and contractors to contact them, at the current or any future number that is provided, using automatic telephone dialing equipment or artificial or pre-recorded voice or text messages, regarding their student account balance and/or any loan(s) including the payment of their student account balance or the repayment of their loan(s) to Gettysburg College.
Additional Student Account Information
A $500 enrollment deposit is payable by all students prior to enrollment or readmission following a withdrawal. This non-interest bearing deposit remains with the College for the duration of a student's enrollment. An enrollment deposit is generally refundable when the student graduates or withdraws. The following circumstances are exceptions:
- Unpaid charges at the time of graduation or withdrawal will be deducted from the enrollment deposit prior to refund.
- The deposit is forfeited if a student, who pre-registered for classes for the upcoming academic year, withdraws subsequent to June 1.
- The deposit is forfeited if a first-year student withdraws prior to the start of the academic year.
An outstanding student account balance may delay the student's pre-registration in November for the upcoming Spring semester or in April for the upcoming school year.
Gettysburg College is required to provide you with a 1098T form if your student was enrolled at least part-time for academic credit in order for you to be eligible to claim either the Hope or the Lifetime Learning Credit on your federal tax return. These forms will be mailed each January by the last business day of the month.
Students may receive their 1098T online by granting consent for online forms. Students may also access the 1098T online via the Student Center as follows: Self Service>Finances>View 1098T
Gettysburg College reports in box 2 of the 1098T form amounts billed during the calendar year, January 1st thru December 31st for qualified tuition and related expenses. The amount reported to you is the total amount billed (less any reductions in those charges).
Qualified tuition and related expenses are tuition and mandatory fees a student must pay to be enrolled at or attend an eligible educational institution.
The following are not considered qualified tuition and related expenses per the IRS guidelines:
Amounts paid for any course or other education involving sports, games, or hobbies unless the course or other education is part of the student's degree program or is taken to acquire or improve job skills.
Charges and fees for room, board, insurance, transportation, and similar personal, living, or family expenses.
Additional information on educational tax credits and Form 1098T may be available through your tax accountant or by referring to the information located at http://www.irs.gov/publications/p970/index.html.
The Email Policy is located in the Student Handbook on page 70.