The Mission of the Information Technology division is to support the growth of Gettysburg College and its students, faculty, administrators, and staff toward their attainment of personal and institutional goals by:
- Partnering, collaborating, and consulting with all college divisions.
- Being a leader on the assessment of Value On Investment (VOI).
- Providing and supporting the use of technology tools.
- Researching and developing new technologies.
- Using strategic thought to evaluate innovation.
- Identifying efficiencies through innovation.
- Providing an institutional wide lens on technology use.
- Providing technical leadership in strategic technology directions.
- Being a leader in responsible computing.
- Support and manage the institution's technology resource pool.
- Educating the institution about innovation and technology.
- Facilitating the joint journey from vision to reality of a solution.
- Enabling campus constituents to be technology champions.
Our Philosophies are to:
- Provide service that recognizes that the purpose of our organization is to help our customers be successful and to do so in a friendly, courteous, expeditious, and professional manner.
- Provide value-added services that meet the needs of our stakeholders and help them be successful.
- Operate as One Information Technology division working together in the best interests of our customers and each other.
- Build on and expand upon our existing relationships with students, faculty members, administrators, and other stakeholders.
- Promote and strive for continual innovation, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Obtain a positive and desirable return on investment for the dollars and human capital resources that we invest.
- Nurture a culture that provides equal opportunities and promotes continuous learning, personal growth, excellence, innovation, and results.
- Keep all aspects of our communication honest, open, clear, complete, and simple.