With Spring in the air, Gettysburg College and Commuter Services of South Central PA would like to announce that May 11- 15 is National Bike to Work Week! Gettysburg College and Commuter Services have partnered together to celebrate by urging our employees to bike to work.
Use the links below to find some helpful information about the event as well as a log sheet that you may use to track your mileage. If you log your mileage next week and return the form to Commuter Services, you will be entered in a drawing to win a "Commuter Perks Pack" valued at over $25. If you would prefer to log your miles on-line, please click on the attached link: http://www.pacommuterservices.com/.
The following are some tips that will help ensure that your bike ride to work is more enjoyable:
- Have your bike checked by your local bike shop
- Always wear a helmet
- Ride in the right-most lane that goes in the direction that you are traveling
- Obey all stop signs, traffic lights and lane markings
- Look before you change lanes
- Signal your turns
- Be visible and predictable at all times
For those who are able to bike to work, we would like to encourage you to participate in this environmentally-friendly commuting effort! Thank you for your participation!