These tax forms need to be completed if you are a first-time student worker, if your home address has changed, or if you wish to change your federal tax withholding. All forms can be obtained from the Center for Career Development.

  1. Federal W-4 Form: Employees Withholding Allowance Certificate. You must use your home address, not campus address. Additionally, you may not claim both allowances (in #5) and exempt (in #7) on the same form. For assistance with the completion of the Federal Income Tax Form (W-4), click here for guidance from the Federal Government.
  2. If your home address is in  Maryland  or  Virginia, you must complete the Statement of Nonresidence.
  3. If your home address is in one of the following areas, you also must complete the corresponding form:
    • Maryland: State Withholding Income Tax Form.
    • Pennsylvania: Authorization for Local Income Tax Withholding.
    • Virginia: State Withholding Income Tax Form.
    • Washington, D.C.: Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate.