Exercise. Track your minutes. Repeat
GOOD LUCK TEAMS & INDIVIDUALS
Spring Into Fitness Results and Winners
- Wednesday, March 23rd – 2-mile walk around the field track (8 laps) – 11:30AM-1:30PM -
Winners are Bob Brown & Klara Shives
- Wednesday, March 30th – Walk to the peace light - Open from 11:30AM- 1:30PM -
Winners are Pam Wilson & Mallory Jallas
- Thursday, April 7th – Scavenger Hunt – Open from 11AM-2PM
Winners are Audrey Hatcher & Cathy Bain
- Tuesday, April 12th - 2-mile speed walk around the field track (8 laps) – 11:30AM-1:30PM
Winners are Megan Blount & Amy Lucadamo
- Monday, April 18th – Pilates Strength - Erin/Jamie - 12PM- 12:55PM – Multipurpose room in the Athletics Center
Winners are Nicole Simmons & Meggan Smith
- Thursday, April 28th – Badminton Match – Hauser Field House - 11:30AM – 1:30PM – Instructions will follow.
“YOUR LIFE DOES NOT GET BETTER BY CHANCE, IT GETS BETTER BY CHANGE.” Jim Rohn
Spring into Fitness and challenge yourself to perform "purposeful" physical activity
for six weeks March 20- April 30, 2016
Join us for another year of Spring into Fitness. Spring Into Fitness Challenge is a fitness competition against four other local colleges and universities: Franklin & Marshall College, York College, Dickinson College, and Elizabethtown College. So put those New Year’s Resolutions to good use and win a victory for Gettysburg!
During the six-week period between March 20 and April 30 participants will be asked to track each minute of “purposeful” physical activity using an easy on-line tracking form. The exercise must be planned, purposeful physical activity performed with the intention of acquiring fitness or other health benefits.
There will be two Intercollegiate Competitions:
1. Greatest percentage of overall participation
2. Highest average number of purposeful exercise minutes per participant
In additional to “bragging rights”, the winning College(s) will receive trophies as well!
And last year, Gettysburg College won both trophies. The GOAL for 2016 SIF is to keep them! WE CAN DO IT Gettysburg!
In 2016, the College will NOT hold a Divisional Competition. The internal competition will be between TEAMS of the College. Those who do not wish to be part of a team will be put with the Individual challenge.
Members of teams do not have to be from the same department, but they can be. Put your team together (3-6 members), pick a name and let's the competition begin! TEAMS INFORMATION
So, make sure you encourage your colleagues to play along and track their minutes! If you work together as a team and keep each other motivated, you will have a chance to WIN the TEAMS competition….but more importantly, we want Gettysburg College to be the overall winner of the Intercollegiate Competition!
Exercise. Track your minutes. Repeat!