Applying for competitive fellowships and scholarships may seem like a daunting task. However, these awards are not out of reach for good and dedicated students who are willing to put forth the time and effort required to make their applications truly competitive. This requires brainstorming with faculty about feasible projects, self-reflection about who they are and what they really want to do, researching the topic, and the inevitable stream of re-writes.
After looking at the links on this page, if you have an interest in finding out more about any of the awards listed, please contact:
Assistant Provost of Scholarships
717-337-6835 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholar Development Guides are available in the the Provost Office (Penn Hall 3rd Floor) or in the Academic Advising Office (CUB Rm. 280).
- Scholar Development Guide 2010-11
- Links to some of the Nationally Prestigious Fellowships and Scholarships
- Scholar Development Newsletter
- Statement of Intent Form
- Gallery of Winners
For faculty and parents:
- Writing Letters of Recommendation for Nationally Competitive Scholarships
- Parents as Coach: Assisting Your Student Applicant