February 18, 2015
Finding And Evaluating Technology Tools For Your Teaching (DOC)
by Betsy Lavolette, Director of the Language Resource Center and Lecturer, Language Resource Center
September 11, 2014
R-E-S-P-E-C-T!: How Gender, Race, Ethnicity And Age Affect The Classroom Dynamic
"In The Classroom" Discussion
- Class Engagement (DOC) - Salma Monani
- Race and Gender Oppression in the Classroom: The Experiences of Women Faculty of Color with White Make Students by Chavella T. Pittman
- Contrapower Harassment in Academia: A Survey of Faculty Experience with Student Incivility, Bullying, and Sexual Attention by Claudia Lampman, Alissa Phelps, Samantha Bancroft, Melissa Beneke
- Students' perceptions of Expressiveness: Age and Gender Effects on Teacher Evaluations by Julianne Arbuckle and Benne D. Williams
- What's In A Name? The Status Implications Of Students' Terms Of Address For Make And Female Professors by Hilary A. Takiff, Diana T. Sanchez, and Tracie L. Stewart
2014 May Workshop
Cracking The Codes: The System Of Racial Inequity
A workshop and community conversation about the social determinants, internal components and external relationships that underpin racial inequity led by Dr. Shakti Butler, filmmaker and founder of World Trust.
October 4, 2013
Framing Assignments Large and Small
"In the Classroom" Discussion
Caroline Hartzell, Department of Political Science
Martha Arterberry, Department of Psychology
After returning a test, she asks students to take out a half sheet of paper and to divide it in half. On the top part, she asks students to indicate the things she (the instructor) could do to help them succeed next time. On the bottom half she asks students to indicate things they (the student) could do to help them succeed next time. No names go on this sheet, but they need an even number of items at the top and bottom.
From Gettysburg College's Office of Institutional Analysis
Resources on Assessment of Student Learning
This page contains resources on assessment of student learning in individual academic courses and Majors/Minors. Topics include Developing a Course Syllabus; Classroom Assessment Techniques; Rubrics; Using Assessment to Enhance Learning and more.
From the Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning, Harvard University
Practice teaching sessions that take place before the first day of class and are videotaped for review individually with an experienced teaching consultant.
Hot Moments in the Classroom
Strategies for turning explosive classroom situations into learning opportunities.