Types of projects supported:
- Attendance by students at professional meetings. Due to budget constraints, only students who are presenting a paper or poster at the conference will be considered for support.
- No student will be considered for more than $600 in reimbursement funding from the SPPC line during a given academic year ("academic year" in this instance would include the summer following the last reimbursement i.e., September-August).
- No more than four (5) students will be supported to attend any one conference.
Who may apply/Application Deadlines
- All students with the sponsorship of a faculty member within their department/program.
- Applications are accepted throughout the academic year and are awarded on a first-come, first- served basis.
How to Apply:
- Applying for SPPC funds is a two-step process: (1) Students who are requesting these funds need to fill out and submit the online form "Student Professional Papers and Conferences Funding Application." This will send the information to their faculty mentor for his/her review (2) Faculty mentors will receive an e-mail version of the student’s application and, upon review, will be asked to indicate their approval by forwarding the e-mail to Maureen Forrestal and Paula Baer, having typed "I approve" in the message section of the e-mail. It should be noted that, ideally, the student and the faculty mentor will have met in person to discuss the specifics of the request but the approval process itself will be done via e-mail.
Distribution of Funds
- Once the award has been announced, the student may request reimbursement for expenses. Students should submit original receipts along with their full names, home address, and student ID number to their department administrative assistant, who will complete a check reimbursement form and send it to Paula Baer at campus box 2960. No travel advances will be issued.