Choir Auditions - Fall 2021
Choir is for everyone, not just conservatory students! Every choir has singers from many different majors and minors. If you've been singing in choir for many years, or if you're just starting out, there are many ways to sing at Gettysburg College.
Covid-19 impacted choirs all over the world, but things are looking up! We plan to rehearse and perform in person, and we hope you’ll join us.
Auditions will take place during orientation and the first few days of classes. These will be in Schmucker 214, with signups on the door of Schmucker 212. Ask someone where Schmucker is if you don't know!
SA 8/28 • 3:00-5:00pm
SU 8/29 • 4:00-6:00 & 7:00-9:00pm
MO 8/30 • 4:00-6:00 & 7:00-9:00pm
TU 8/31 • 11:30am-1:00pm, 4:00-6:00 & 7:00-9:00pm
WE 9/1 • 4:00-6:00pm
Here is some more important information
- It's designed to be easy and friendly!
- Sign up for an audition appointment at Schmucker 212. Sign up early to get your best time.
- The audition takes about 10 minutes. Arrive a few minutes early to fill out a form.
- You don't need to prepare anything for the audition. Best to warm up your own voice before singing.
- You'll sing a few vocal exercises to explore range and tone
- You'll sing a brief song, like "Row, Row, Row Your Boat"
- You'll sing a simple music reading exercise
- You audition once for all of the groups
Everyone who auditions will be notified by email abut the results. You will receive invitations to join particular choir(s). Then you can decide which invitations to accept. Choirs will begin the second week of classes, the week of Sep 7.
Here is how to learn about the choirs
- Choirs webpage, where you can navigate to information about each choir, see the rehearsal times, etc.
- Questions and Answers about choir, where you can read more detailed information. It's likely that your question will be answered there.
- Use this information to decide what choir(s) you're interested in.
- MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL: save time in your schedule for the choirs you want.
- (You may also want to check out our virtual choir project from Spring 2020. Optional, but fun.)
If you have further questions or need help, please feel free to contact Dr. Natter at email@example.com.
Keep singing! Don't let schedule conflicts, nervousness, etc. stop you. We welcome you to join this excellent community of musicians and fine human beings.