Funding for Students to Attend Conferences
The Mathematics Department will consider student applications for funding for travel to conferences only if the students have already applied for all other available funding. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- funding provided by the conference itself,
- funding provided by an REU (Research Experiences for Undergraduates) or other program the student has participated in,
- funding provided by the Provost's Office.
For conferences involving overnight travel, the student is invited to submit an application for funding from the Math Department (PDF) at least one month before the conference. The student must submit a detailed budget and an account of all other sources of funding applied for and, if applicable, received. After travel is completed, students will need to submit their receipts for reimbursement to the department's administrative assistant. The maximum individual award amount is $300. Students may receive funding for more than one overnight (or nonlocal) conference, but the total amount awarded will not exceed $300 per student.
- St Joseph's University Sigma Xi Student Research Symposium
- Moravian College Student Conference is usually held on the third Saturday in February. The application deadline for speakers is usually at the beginning of February.
- Regional EPaDel meetings