Alpha Kappa Delta is the international sociology honor society, founded in 1920 to promote excellence in scholarship in the study of sociology, research of social problems, and such other social and intellectual activities as will lead to improvement in the human condition.
- Student must be a sociology or anthropology major or minor, or a special major with a sociology emphasis.
- He or she must be a junior or senior.
- He or she must have completed at least four graded courses in sociology.
- He or she must have an average of at least 3.5 in these sociology courses.
- He or she must have at least a 3.0 overall GPA
- He or she must be in the top 35% of his or her graduating class
Activities Sponsored by the Department
Every fall the department hosts an induction ceremony and dinner. The department also presents members with honor cords to wear at graduation.
Charles F. Emmons, faculty sponsor: email@example.com
In Spring 2010: Kaitlin Kennedy (SR), Lynn Mione (SR), Lauren Fox(JR), Jennifer Giambrone(SR), Mary McWilliams-Piraino(SR), Melissa Gagermeier(SR), Douglas Berkowitz, Jr.(SR), Angela Collier(SR), Kristin Dodson(SR), and Kathryn Sanford(SR).