Two awards may be given to WGS senior majors at Spring Honors Day. They are:
Award for Excellence in Theory and Practice in Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. Given to a senior major for outstanding achievement in the study of Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies theories and for action on behalf of underserved groups.
Service Award in Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Given to a senior major for outstanding service exemplifying Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies ideals.
For example, have you:
- Participated in such groups as WGSPAC and in such conferences as the CPC Women's Studies Conference or the Women's Center's Women's Issues Conference?
- Have you been involved with Gettysburg College's Women's Center and/or the Office of LGBTQA Advocacy and Education?
- Have you worked with other on-campus groups, such as Intercultural Advancement, e-Race, nGender, Alpha Phi Omega, Allies, or a fraternity/sorority to further feminist or sexuality studies goals?
- Have you worked on your own to improve the campus environment?
- Have you worked off campus to improve society in ways that reflect the principles inherent in a Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies’ perspective?
- What service did you perform for WGS 290?
- Have you furthered the field’s goals through summer volunteer work, service learning projects, or Center for Public Service projects?