2013 Meritorious Service and Young Alumni Achievement Award Winners. From left to right: Charlie Scott '77, Alumni Association Board of Directors President , Kelly Keegan Blavatt '03, Cassandra Pickens Jewell '04, Joseph Tucker '03, Brent Hege '98, Brian Bennett '63, Neil Bryant '82 and President Janet Morgan Riggs '77.
The Alumni Association presents several awards each year in an effort to recognize and honor outstanding alumni.
The Distinguished Alumni Awards honor a maximum of four people each year for their professional and/or civic accomplishments post-Gettysburg. It's basically our "Alumni Hall of Fame," and includes people like Nobel Laureate Michael Bishop '57, UNICEF Executive Dir. Carol Bellamy '63 and Academy-Award nominated cinematographer Owen Roizman '58. The awards are given during Commencement Weekend.
- The 2013 awardees were Allison A. Campbell '85, Michael A Chagares '84, Jeffrey C. Oak '81 and Henry W. Wedaa '49
- All recipients, 1962-2012
- The 50th Anniversary of the Distinguished Alumni Awards was celebrated at Homecoming 2012. Learn more.
The Meritorious Service Awards honor two people each year for their volunteer contributions to the College over a significant period of time.
The Young Alumni Achievement Awards honor four "Young Alumni", defined as those who graduated within the last 15 years, for professional achievement in the areas of Career Development and Service to Gettysburg College.
- The 2013 awardees were Bent Hege '98 and Joseph Tucker '03 for Career Development and Kelly Keegan Blavatt '03 and Cassandra Pickens Jewell '04 for Service.
- All recipients, 1982-2013.
The Phyllis Hicks Utterback Silent Leader Award was awarded to Helen Hohman '75 at the February 2012 Alumni Board of Director's meeting. Pictured to the right are Charlie Scott '75, Alumni Association Board President, and Helen Hohman.