Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) at Gettysburg College is a dynamic group of student-athlete team leaders who, by working together, develop and strengthen a sense of personal responsibility and wellness among student-athletes, the administration and the community. We are dedicated to representing the interests of our fellow student-athletes for the betterment of athletics at Gettysburg. For this, the committee will serve as an open forum for all varsity athletes and act as a vehicle to promote communication between coaches, athletic administration and student-athletes.
Role of SAAC
The role of SAAC is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by:
- Providing a student-athlete voice within the department, discussing issues and concerns, and providing feedback as necessary.
- Building a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletic teams.
- Encouraging active involvement of student-athletes for community service projects.
- Emphasizing the need of support from faculty and staff for all athletic programs.
- Promoting a positive image of athletics on campus by celebrating and generating excitement for our unique community.
- Fostering achievement of academic and athletic goals.
- Receiving valuable training in wellness related topics such as; alcohol and drug abuse prevention, nutrition, sexual assault prevention, stress and depression.
- Using educational and professional resources to support our efforts.