Pre-Game Music Policy
Gettysburg College Athletic Communications Pre-Game Music Policy
In an effort to maintain a fan-friendly environment at home athletic contests, the Gettysburg College Athletic Communications Office requires its teams to adhere to a pre-game music policy.
While a pre-game warm-up track may be created by a particular team, it is not mandatory. If a team declines to submit pre-game warm-up music, it will be provided by the Athletic Communications Office.
- All music must be submitted to the Athletic Communications office on a CD for approval at least seven days prior to the first game to allow time for screening. The CD must be accompanied by a track list that identifies each song by title and artist.
- Music may not contain lyrics that are inappropriate for public broadcasting in a family environment. Inappropriate subject matter includes but is not limited to: profanity, violence, alcohol or drug use, homophobia, and sexual references. In addition, music that contains bleeped-out lyrics will not be accepted.
- If a CD contains any song that is deemed unacceptable, the team will be notified and may submit a revised CD up to three days prior to the first game. If the revised CD is also unacceptable, the team will lose its right to provide its own warm-up music for the rest of the season. Any future music would be provided by the Athletic Communications Office.
- All of the above regulations apply to walk-up music for the baseball team.
- Music will begin at the following times:
- Baseball/Softball: A maximum of 90 minutes prior to game time
- Basketball: A maximum of 60 minutes prior to tip-off
- Field hockey: A maximum of 60 minutes prior to game time
- Football: A maximum of 90 minutes prior to kick-off
- Lacrosse: A maximum of 60 minutes prior to face-off/draw
- Soccer: A maximum of 60 minutes prior to game time
- Swimming: A maximum of 60 minutes prior to meet start
- Volleyball: A maximum of 60 minutes prior to game time
- Wrestling: A maximum of 60 minutes prior to match start
- Cross country/golf/track & field/tennis: NA