The Commencement pages are updated frequently - please revisit often for the latest information.
In order to better meet the needs of guests with disabilities or special needs, Gettysburg College will provide special seating, signing, accessible parking and shuttle service during key Commencement Weekend events. Ushers and other College staff are on duty at all functions throughout the weekend. Please do not hesitate to ask for any assistance you may need. Ushers and College staff can be identified by name tags with orange ribbons.
- To arrange for accessible parking, please call the Department of Public Safety (DPS) at 717-337-6912. They will need the following information to process your request: name of person needing parking accommodations, make/model/color of car, license plate # (including state), days parking needed (Sat. and/or Sun.), needs (parking or drop-off). Please make these arrangements by Friday, May 8:
Spring Honors Day and Baccalaureate (Saturday)
Call DPS by May 8 to arrange a parking space in the Admissions Lot, which is adjacent to the Chapel. The wheelchair lift is located on the side of the Chapel, and an officer will be on hand to operate the lift. Once inside, wheelchair spaces will be available in the Chapel near the front with one companion seat, and ushers will be available to help. Other members of larger parties may find seating in the Chapel or in campus video viewing locations (Baccalaureate only). Accessible restroom facilities are available on the main floor of the Chapel near the wheelchair lift entrance.
Senior Class Party (Saturday evening)
Accessibility parking and drop off will be available along Lincoln Avenue as well as in campus parking lots. To take the elevator to the CUB Lobby level, guests may enter the CUB via the Bullet Hole entrance. Restroom facilities are available on each floor of the CUB.
Call DPS by May 8 to arrange for parking in Masters Lot. Shuttle service will be available to transport your party between Masters Lot and the Commencement site if needed. Two shuttles (one of which is accessible) will be running from 9:00 - 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. When you reach the ceremony site, ushers with orange ribbons will be available to assist you with finding seating. Wheelchair spaces with companion seating are dispersed throughout the Commencement site’s general seating area. During Commencement, accessible restrooms are available in campus buildings including Weidensall Hall, Science Center, College Union Building, Plank Gym, Breidenbaugh Hall, Masters Hall and Pennsylvania Hall - Please use the elevator to Floor 3. Additionally, ADA compliant outdoor portable restrooms will be available adjacent to the commencement site for guests with limited mobility—Located along the sidewalk at the east end of Musselman Library, near Weidensall Hall.
Campus Map (PDF)
- There will be a sign-language interpreter at the Commencement ceremony. If you need direct sightline seating, please contact Human Resources at 717-337-6207 by Friday, May 8.
- Portable assisted listening devices (ALDs) may be reserved for use during the Commencement Ceremony. Please call Human Resources at 717-337-6207 by Friday, May 8.
- The Commencement ceremony will be held outdoors, rain or shine. For guest comfort, indoor video-viewing locations will be available in several campus locations. Ushers will help you find these locations. Guests are encouraged to bring along any items for your comfort or convenience (rain gear, warm clothing, water, seat cushions, snacks, wheelchairs, etc.) See Commencement tips
- The Baccalaureate and Commencement exercises will be streamed live on the web for any guests who are unable to attend.
- The following local businesses may be contacted directly if you need to arrange for personal wheelchair rental:
Dick’s Homecare, Inc.
238 West Street
Gettysburg, PA 17325
Guests are encouraged to make arrangements before Wednesday, May 6.
Gettysburg Rental Center
720 York Road
Gettysburg, PA 17325
Quantities are limited.
- If you or your guests need additional assistance or have needs that require specialized accommodation, please call Human Resources at 717-337- 6207 by Friday, May 8.